Can dust get in between the layers of glass of a car windshield?
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
no, its between your iris and your cornea. just remove your retina and get it out with a spoon.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Its not supposed to be able to. The pieces are really more like one after the process of making them is done. So i would guess no.
epic7734
What has inspired this thoughtful line of inquisition, dare I ask? *tea sip*

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I think windscreens are only one layer. May I ask how come?
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
in most cases (1990 and forward) its just one thick piece of glass

what are you driving?!
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
Quote by thedekker
in most cases (1990 and forward) its just one thick piece of glass

what are you driving?!

Im not sure if its standard everywhere but in the US all modern windshields have to be made with 2 layers of glass and a thin film type substance between them to pass safety laws.
epic7734
Nah, I don't think so. And I believe windshields are more than one layer, we smashed one in the quad at school a couple years ago, and when you hit it, it just sags, there's a layer of something between a couple of layers of glass
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Quote by epic7734
Im not sure if its standard everywhere but in the US all modern windshields have to be made with 2 layers of glass and a thin film type substance between them to pass safety laws.

It's actually 1 piece of glass with a layer of laminate on each side. It's to prevent your windshield from shattering in the event it is struck.... stricken?....hit, lets go with that.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
I ask because my car windshields seems like it's always fogged up even though I've cleaned it inside and out multiple times.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Quote by Shirate
It's actually 1 piece of glass with a layer of laminate on each side. It's to prevent your windshield from shattering in the event it is struck.... stricken?....hit, lets go with that.
I Just double check the laws for the US and it is required to be made of 2 layers of glass with the film in the middle.

That doesn't mean its the same everywhere though.

Quote by clincher09
I ask because my car windshields seems like it's always fogged up even though I've cleaned it inside and out multiple times.

When its hot outside is it clearer?
epic7734
Last edited by epic7734 at Sep 15, 2009,
This reminds me of how my gameboy pocket has all kinds of dustiness in the screen even though I've cleaned it.
Originally posted by TheBaron
I'm thinking you've got a beard...

Originally posted by Thornography
Okay well I want whiter teeth... and I would like to know if rubbing sandpaper on your teeth is safe or not.
Quote by koikomoru
Car windshields have layers?!

car windshields are like onions
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
One more thing, if the haze is only around the sides/edges of the windshield then its moister getting in between the layers of glass.

That means theres nothing you can do.
epic7734
Car windshields have a layer or two of polymer (plastic) sandwiched with the glass. Thats for safety so if the windshield breaks, the glass dont shatter right onto ur face. Instead you get a spider-web looking pattern around the point of impact, because the glue in the plastic layer holds the shattered pieces from spraying all over the car.

I don't think dust can get inside that, probably has something to do with exposure to the suns ray or something which results in discoloration.
Don't buy Guitar Hero.
Buy Guitar Pro.

My Gear: (That I actually use)

ESP Edwards E-CY-165 CTM
Vox Saturator
Vox AD50VT
Vox Tonelab LE
Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
It could be scratches, hardwater or tree sap.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by Wikipedia
Following the seaming, the glass is then washed in water and then sprayed with talcum powder to prevent glass sheets from sticking to each other. Next, another glass sheet is placed on top of the first sheet. A silkscreen is painted around the glass which will show where the frame for the vehicle will be relative to the windshield.

To laminate the glass, a sheet of milky white vinyl is placed between the two sheets of glass. The windshield then is transferred to a nipper, where rubber rollers press the pieces of glass together, pushing out any air bubbles in the vinyl. This allows the windshield to become transparent once again. The windshield is then put into a pressure cooker where the remaining air bubbles are removed. After that, the windshields are inspected by a human.

That's what a windshield is. I seriously doubt dust is getting in there.
Quote by Wikipedia.org
These nouns are often used with a form of "to be" rather than "to have," e.g., "he is pwnage" rather than "he has pwnage". Either is a more emphatic way of expressing the simpler "he pwns,"