But I just discovered this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGTfDf4b5oE&feature=fvw

Now, before people say, "Only Youtube Thread", this video has a potential for actual discussion and isn't some "lulzy" video.

I just personally find it unbelievable that an 8 year old kid can be this good at guitar.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
I hate the term "prodigy". Its just some kid probably pushed by his guitar playing dad/mom(?). If i was pushed since 2 id be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Its sick what the parents do to their kids.

Its good that he enjoys it though
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by DempseyPunk
I hate the term "prodigy". Its just some kid probably pushed by his guitar playing dad/mom(?). If i was pushed since 2 id be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Its sick what the parents do to their kids.

This kid seems like he's wanted to do it from the get-go. I don't think his parents have "pushed him" or anything.
I'm listening to the recordings on his myspace music account right now. He's probably better than half the people here.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by Mudmen190
Blues - Easy to play, hard to feel.

This.

He's not too bad, but he doesn't have enough feel in it.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Why did he have a ring on his left ring finger, is he already married?

Quote by Lt. Shinysides
its scary how good some kids are at their instrument

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdgACLA2vO0

i agree though that half these kids are the products of parents forcing them to play in order to live their dreams vicariously

That was incredible!

How many years had he been playing, does anyone know?
Last edited by maiden03 at Sep 15, 2009,
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
its scary how good some kids are at their instrument

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdgACLA2vO0

i agree though that half these kids are the products of parents forcing them to play in order to live their dreams vicariously

I was ready to criticize his tone vibrato before I even opened that, but I have nothing bad to say now. I was genuinely and pleasantly impressed.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
meh im better

and if he says different, ill throw him through a window
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by Mudmen190
Blues - Easy to play, hard to feel.

+1, too true.

Meh, at least when hes older he releases some good music, good on him.

Edit: I just saw him sitting with a Dean Cadillac (1980 i think). God I want that, looks so cool.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Last edited by splamron at Sep 15, 2009,
Quote by DempseyPunk

I totally agree. I wish that i had started guitar at that age so that i could be a virtuoso by now.
This kid doesn't impress me though.
Show me a 4/5 year old who can play Rusty Cooley and Jason Becker songs. I will take my own life out of respect.
I expected so much more, sorry but this kid sucks. For an 8 year old he's pretty good but his playing did not equal prodigy.

I thought his playing as simple and his technique sloppy and unemotive, but he's 8 so i'll let that slide. Regardless he doesn't deserve a news report on him, but then again he may seem like a prodigy to some because to people that don't play even the simplest things are impressive.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
I'm sure he enjoys it.....but blues? Come on, he's eight. He should be...aw **** I don't what I'm talking about
Last edited by Oroborous at Sep 15, 2009,
Quote by SGstriker
But I just discovered this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGTfDf4b5oE&feature=fvw

Now, before people say, "Only Youtube Thread", this video has a potential for actual discussion and isn't some "lulzy" video.

I just personally find it unbelievable that an 8 year old kid can be this good at guitar.

I've seen this kid before and I don't mean to be a jerk and I'm not trying to be down on the kid because he's 100000x times better at guitar than I was at anything when I was 8 but I mean all he is really doing is really sloppily wanking pentatonics. He is FAR from a prodigy of any sort. It takes a lot more than just running through scales to be a prodigy (IMO) and I have lots of students who have only been playing for a year or so who are much better than that kid.

EDIT: lol at "watching video games"
Last edited by MLilienthal at Sep 15, 2009,
he may not even be that good. Like a reporter could of jazzed up the story maybe what they showed was the only stuff he could play.
I expected a lulzy video.

I am disappointed.
University of Kentucky Wildcats Football - (5-4)
Cincinnati Bengals - (6-2)
Cincinnati Reds - (78-84)

Ugly Poop Colored Text

My last.fm
add me as a friend, fool.
old as feck so I'll post my usual response to these threads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVfC9kfEpX4

also this

extra awesome considering Paul gilbert uses a 3 string guitar tuned to e and has a human capo to play this.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Sep 15, 2009,
Quote by SGstriker

some kids are just gifted. I know a girl who wrote an entire 3 movement piano piece when she was 10 years old...based on a dream she had about her dolls which started with a 'lullaby' thingy then got kind of intense and ended with a 'funeral'...i'm guessing the dolls were under attack . But she played it at school assembly. MY GOD. it was insane.
there's heaps of these kids out there, just not many play guitar, most are pushed onto piano/violin etc. by their parents.