Hey, so i own a Mesa mark4, and i play in a metal/prog metal band. We play music inspired by opeth7meshugga/textures/ Devin townsend.

I have a problem with sound, not getting enough distortion without too much feed. we play in a small room, and I realy font get that thick dist im looking for when i crank up the volume.
What volume are you playing it at?
Are the valves all ok?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
a properly used noise gate can help with feedback
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
New tubes & new caps, do it.

N.O.S tubes are the way to go, too.

If you get the tubes and caps replaced with high quality stuff, by somebody who knows what they're doing, it should fix the noise too (Unless the place your playing in has bad power), if it's bad power, a power conditioner will do the job, and you can protect yourself from surges too =D
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Last edited by Jesstaa at Sep 15, 2009,
tubes and all are pretty new. Im kinda wondering whenever i am just reakky using ****ed up settings. DOes any owner os a mesa have any nice and tweaked settings for that heavy metal sound.?
Quote by Monatyra
tubes and all are pretty new. Im kinda wondering whenever i am just reakky using ****ed up settings. DOes any owner os a mesa have any nice and tweaked settings for that heavy metal sound.?

Google is your best friend...

http://www.grailtone.com/tone-settings/mesa-boogie/mesa-boogie-amp-settings.html
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
To be honest, the MKIV... in fact all of the Mark series are NOT plug & play amps. You have to spend a long time tweaking them to get the sound JUST right... but once you do it really is 'just' right.
What settings are you using?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia