Hi,

I'm wanting a specific sound for my home recording and appreciate the fact that the sound i get wont be exactly the sound that im after, as it takes a pro studio to get those kind of results, and im just a budding guitarist.

Anywhoos, i know the spec of the tom delonge strat which is basic to say teh least, and was wondering if i could just buy a cheaper guitar say the stagg s301 http://www.staggmusic.com/products/products_detail.php?langue=uk&oneid=454 and just fit some seymore duncan invador pickups to get the same sound? or is there more to it than just the pickups, caus other than the pickups the stagg version is pretty much the same as the delonge strat.

The cheapest ive seen a delong strat on ebay is about £300 which is prob about $500, but i can get a stagg guitar modelled on teh delonge strat and seymore duncan pickups for £150 about $230 so any advice would be helpfull.

Next issue is the sound generation, ive heard the roland cube 20watt gives a real close sound to the blink enema of the state album sound, but that would mean mic up teh amp to record which ive never done before, always used line6 podfarm, with not even close results, guitar wise now i have an epiphone lp standard,

any info/advice would be great!
Thanks
first of all no it wont sound very good
secondly you wont get his sound without the amps he used
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
What you may as well do here is just get a MIM HSS Strat and shove an Invader/Dirty Fingers in the bridge. Stagg really isn't the greatest. At least you'll get the benefits of the two single coils as well.

Seriously, it'll be a lot more worth it; it's made out of better stuff and it'll need less maintence. And, yeah, I suppose a Roland Cube will work, but if you're recording, you might wanna make an investment in Guitar Rig 3 or Amplitube or something like that. You'll get a really nice sound, and you'll have even more possibilities tone wise.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
What you may as well do here is just get a MIM HSS Strat and shove an Invader/Dirty Fingers in the bridge. Stagg really isn't the greatest. At least you'll get the benefits of the two single coils as well.

this sounds great to me. then you'll have the sound of the delonge strat, a tone knob to use, and two other single coils for mixed sounds. that'll be important if you're really looking to add to a home recording studio for a variety of sounds. and the MIM strats go for fairly cheap used.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Hi,

cheers for that, ive read that he just uses messa tripple rectifier and a marshall jcm900, What he does is puts the JCM900 on its clean channel and turns the gain up to 10 and he also does the same with the dirty channel on the Mesa. So you kind of have two totally different unique sounds blended in together. He runs that out of 3, Mesa Boogie 4x12's.

So is there any modelling software where you can mix the two to get this tone?
Thanks!
Bob
Quote by powerbob247
Hi,

cheers for that, ive read that he just uses messa tripple rectifier and a marshall jcm900, What he does is puts the JCM900 on its clean channel and turns the gain up to 10 and he also does the same with the dirty channel on the Mesa. So you kind of have two totally different unique sounds blended in together. He runs that out of 3, Mesa Boogie 4x12's.

So is there any modelling software where you can mix the two to get this tone?
Thanks!
Bob

Yes, Amplitube and Guitar Rig III.
For higher gain tones [which you'll want], Guitar Rig III, Amplitube Metal and of course, Peavey Revalver MKIII.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
The producer and the $50,000 worth of studio gear have far more to with the recorded sound than the guitar itself.

If you're going to be using a modelling interface then wasting money on Invader is pointless. It's an awful pickup anyway, but it really makes no difference if you're using software that can pretty much simulate or compensate for every aspect of your gear including pickups. All that really mattters is that you have a humbucker in the bridge, but even that's debatable given the amount of parameters you get to play with these days.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Sep 15, 2009,