Snorlax: https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1600418/Seans%20Music/Heavy_Like_A_Snorlax_2.m4a

A heavy song I recorded a few days ago. Myself on everything. I have never recorded screamed vocals or anyhting like this before. excuse me if I suck I was doing the lyrics as I went along.

Defy: https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1600418/Seans%20Music/DEFY.mp3

Sort of a pop punk song I tried. I find it gets really boring. Its my friend on vocals we finsihed it today. This isnt a final mix. just the vocal + mp3 backing.

But yeah, are my screamed vocals decent and does anyone think the 2nd song is boring? everyone of my friend says its either boring or girly or both.
I liked both of them but Defy was better in my opinion. Reminded me of A Day to Remember. It could use a little more variation.
Yeah, I really don't enjoy the first part of the verse. that string skipping riff. I really want to change it but I dont know what to write...

Still I like what we did with vocals like layering and having complementing melodies etc. But the lyrics I find very boring and cliche'.
You're a damn good vocalist, above anything else. Singing and screaming...I envy you xD

I mean your screams aren't like PERFECT but its a ****ton better then a lot of screamers on the scene these days. Also, the production on everything is pretty sweet. Good job.
Quote by Thomasoman
You're a damn good vocalist, above anything else. Singing and screaming...I envy you xD

I mean your screams aren't like PERFECT but its a ****ton better then a lot of screamers on the scene these days. Also, the production on everything is pretty sweet. Good job.

Thanks heaps man, The singing is my friend not me. But thanks anyway

Quote by 145186
defy, you stole the riff from NJ legion iced tea....

A friend pointed this out to me to. It's very close

I might re do that bit and use the "woah woah" melody in the second part of the chorus.
I haven't listened to the pop punk song yet, but the Snorlax song really isn't bad at all
The screams aren't the best I've heard, but dude, keep ****ing screaming!
You have tremendous potential.
Your screams actually kind of remind me of the guy from I Killed The Prom queen.
Add a little bit more force to your scream the next time you get around to it.
It'll give it a bit more fullness.
Cheers
I enjoyed Defy but it can be worked on a bit. The vocals didn't feel powerful to me. It did also get a bit repetitive vocal-wise mainly for me, i think taking a copy-paste from the pop-punk world and throwing in a couple of "harmonizing"/overlaying screams will spruce it up.

I enjoyed Snorlax a lot. Like everyone said, you screams are solid. Just work on it and you will owning The verse riff was really rocking, the "groove" catches you quickly. The one thing i think can be changed is when you say "F*ck sh*t up!" and then go into the breakdown of sorts. It didn't feel smooth to me.
Quote by Dusk Towers
I haven't listened to the pop punk song yet, but the Snorlax song really isn't bad at all
The screams aren't the best I've heard, but dude, keep ****ing screaming!
You have tremendous potential.
Your screams actually kind of remind me of the guy from I Killed The Prom queen.
Add a little bit more force to your scream the next time you get around to it.
It'll give it a bit more fullness.
Cheers

Thanks so so much man, Ed is my favourite screamer ever. Yeah I didn't really know what I was doing I've never recording myself screaming. I was just sorta jamming along and seeing what happened.

Quote by 21Fretter
I enjoyed Defy but it can be worked on a bit. The vocals didn't feel powerful to me. It did also get a bit repetitive vocal-wise mainly for me, i think taking a copy-paste from the pop-punk world and throwing in a couple of "harmonizing"/overlaying screams will spruce it up.

I enjoyed Snorlax a lot. Like everyone said, you screams are solid. Just work on it and you will owning The verse riff was really rocking, the "groove" catches you quickly. The one thing i think can be changed is when you say "F*ck sh*t up!" and then go into the breakdown of sorts. It didn't feel smooth to me.

Yeah, I don't think my friends vocals fit this style of music. Or perhaps the performance wasn't there. I want him to re-write his lyrics I find the imagery super cliche'.

Yeah, I might start practicing screaming more. I suprised myself I had only really scremaed along in the car and stuff.

Pretty sure I want to re record Snorlax now guys. thanks for the feedback.
Quote by seanington
Pretty sure I want to re record Snorlax now guys. thanks for the feedback.

Definitely dude.
Let me know when you get that up!
And maybe try expirementing with your range too, dude.
Throw some highs in there so we can critique them ^^