Right i'm brand new to this site and brand new to learning guitar (only got my guitar from a friend yesterday)
What sites would you recommend for a guy that doesn't know how to hold a guitar let alone use one (Only sites with video tutorials please, because then you can see exactly what you have to do)

Thanks a lot in advance

swood91

EDIT: I know youtube's good but does anyone have any links to good tutorials on there. Because i have no clue what i'm doing i don't know which video will teach me bad habits

p.s. I don't want to pay for a site
Last edited by swood91 at Sep 15, 2009,
youtube
Quote by Jaymz_515
I pretend I'm a huge spider laying eggs, then when I flush the toilet I fall to floor screaming "MY CHILLLDRENN!! NOOOO!"

If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
- Mitch Hedberg
I know youtube's good but anyone got any links to a good tutorials on there. Because i have no clue what i'm doing i don't know which video will teach me bad habbits

thanks
Quote by chip46
JustinSandercoe's website's not bad, justinguitar.com I believe. I know he has a youtube channel so his site probably links to it. That's where I learned my open chords when I first started playing, but he's got more advanced stuff on there too.

I thought he only did acoustic guitars?
How about this:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/

Bubbaedit:
Oh sorry. You want videos. Try this:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.tv/guitar_lessons/index.html
Quote by thedude051
bubbaearl...Man that is...THE SICKEST NAME EVER!!!

Quote by Stress Cow
bubbaearl... apparently it's the sickest name ever

Are you over 30?
Probably not, but if you are, click HERE.
Last edited by bubbaearl at Sep 15, 2009,
Quote by swood91
I thought he only did acoustic guitars?

On his beginner lessons he might use an acoustic guitar, but it's not like the chords are different on acoustic and electric. He does do a lot of lessons with his electric guitars though, if you're a fan of Pearl Jam I'd check out his Better Man lesson. It's one of the first songs I learned, fairly basic chords.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Quote by Vasser
On his beginner lessons he might use an acoustic guitar, but it's not like the chords are different on acoustic and electric. He does do a lot of lessons with his electric guitars though, if you're a fan of Pearl Jam I'd check out his Better Man lesson. It's one of the first songs I learned, fairly basic chords.

Huh! didn't realise he played electric as well. I know the chords are the same but i'd rather learn from an electric guitar playing tutorial so i 100% on everything. But i'm defo going to check out his electric guitar tutorials