Hi guys. Just wanted to ask all your opinions on this. I got a few minutes with one today, but wanted to know if you knew any more about reliability/sound etc. I've played a lot of other amps around the 15/30watt classic rock kinda range, but on paper this looks a pretty good deal. I play a lot of classic rock/blues based stuff (Clapton/Mayer esque), nothing much higher gain than that. Cheers
i got to try out the Peacemaker at a local shop here and it seemed like a very well built, great sounding amp. Im sure the same goes for the rest of the lineup
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
Yeah I tried the peacemaker a while back, actually quite liked it. But the MoFo is handwired I believe and not much more. I'm comparing it to a couple of 18watt clones, a vox night train, a laney VC30 and a Tiny Terror. Atm I think the haydens out in front, for versatility and tone...I just wasn't sure about reliabiliy tbh
Quote by ProgFolk12
Yeah I tried the peacemaker a while back, actually quite liked it. But the MoFo is handwired I believe and not much more. I'm comparing it to a couple of 18watt clones, a vox night train, a laney VC30 and a Tiny Terror. Atm I think the haydens out in front, for versatility and tone...I just wasn't sure about reliabiliy tbh

Well Hayden is the sister company of Ashdown. I don't know if you have any experience with their amps but I've been playing through an Ashdown Fallen Angel for about 4 years now and its an amazing amp - sounds great and its well built and very reliable. I'd assume the same could be said about Hayden amps.
Take a trip over to Meltham and visit Matamp to try out the Minimat. Sure, it's not as powerful as the MoFo, but it's A-MAZ-ING
I love matamps. That's a must do trip for me, a kinda pilgrimage since It's like 10 miles away. (Kinda pathetic pilgrimage actually lol) I think maybe the minimat is a little too low wattage though. I ruled out the GT50 cos I really want 30 or less. What's the 7 watt one called, the first lady? I was very interested in that a few months back, I forgot what stopped me trying it out...I've kinda been through a phase of liking every amp in the 15/30 watt kinda category haha
Last edited by ProgFolk12 at Sep 19, 2009,
I was after a similar amp to you. I did all the 15-30 watts I could think of, then stumbled upon Matamp. They blew me away, and I 'accidentally' forgot what my budget was and ordered a 1224. The first lady is the 7 watt. That, again is fantastic. I can't fault any of the Matamps (I tried all of them apart from the new GT50).

I would of left there happy with any of the amps. (no I don't work for them!!)

Please do try them before you buy anything else!!
Yeah you have reignited my matamp GAS badly! I'll have to check out the minimat, first lady and king street sometime, I think they'd suit me well. I might just sacrifice volume for pure tone and get a minimat, I'll have to see what they're all like. I wont rush into anything though, but I'm guessing once I've played those I'd never be able to look at a Tiny Terror again
I bought a Mofo yesterday, handwired by Dave Green.

It's frickin awesome. I've had an Engl Thunder 50, a Marshall TSL100 and many more amps and just love the sound of this one SO much more than anything else.

The stealth switch is very handy, though it's still pretty loud even withh it on!
I played one today and if you play blues it will suit you to no end, I'm actually about to do a thread reviewing it that I'll link you to once I finish typing it

I found though that the gain without the boost was very underwhelming but I do like a lot of crunch in my amps for classic rock so that's just my opinion.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=21869024#post21869024 Proper review.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Last edited by SimplyBen at Oct 5, 2009,