hey, ive beein looking at different things i can use to block my trem (floating) and ive found this:
http://www.axcessories.com/proddetail.asp?prod=AXfrstp
has anyone got one of these or know how well they work?
would i be able to drop tune my guitar while using this? or would there be to much pressure on the screw? i have my guitar set to standard tuning, but go down to drop C.

thanks
Use a couple stacks of pennies in behind the trem block, works just as well, easy to remove, and quite cheap.
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by deftonesordie
Use a couple stacks of pennies in behind the trem block, works just as well, easy to remove, and quite cheap.

Tis what I've done for my Ibanez. A small block of wood to go under the lip so the back wall is level, then 2 stacks of 2p's next to each other to block off the trem. Works brilliantly
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Quote by pigeonmafia
Tis what I've done for my Ibanez. A small block of wood to go under the lip so the back wall is level, then 2 stacks of 2p's next to each other to block off the trem. Works brilliantly

yeah, i did think of that, but then i wanted to be able to dive bomb still, and obv if i used a piece of wood, it will slip out when i do
It wouldn't slip out, because the backplate is there. As long as it is the right size, a piece of wood will work (I have done so in my RG)
Quote by Ikonoklast
Tie her up and drive her into some woods, pour petrol over her and then ask her if she wants you back.

Anyone in Birmingham, England meet up for a Jam?

Quote by uk.mace
My hand gave me a handjob

Won't give me a f*cking blowjob though
You could get the guitar setup for D standard in whatever gauge of string you use, then get a 6th string one gauge thicker and tune it to C (should be about equal tension to one gauge lighter tuned to D). That way, the floyd would still be full floating (Rusty Cooley does this, he has a VERY heavy 7th string to make up for his light gauge 1-6 strings)

If you got the trem stopper, and tightend the springs in the back alot, yes you could downtune and still do dive bombs
Last edited by pigeonmafia at Sep 15, 2009,
Quote by MrToucan
It wouldn't slip out, because the backplate is there. As long as it is the right size, a piece of wood will work (I have done so in my RG)

is it just sitting there? or is it attatched in any way? and have you ever tried it on stage? while jumping about?
you could glue or tape the coins/piece of wood on.

I'd prefer tape as it's easy to remove.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
i suppose i may aswell try it as it dossent cost anything.
but would that tremstop be any good though? and would it be able to cope with the pressure?

thanks for the ideas
You won't be able to divebomb, that's the point of blocking a trem. It'll stay in fine, because the strings pull back on the bridge to counteract the spring tension. you're just isolating the system, that's all.
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by extremejmf
i suppose i may aswell try it as it dossent cost anything.
but would that tremstop be any good though? and would it be able to cope with the pressure?

thanks for the ideas

Please see my above post
i have a floyd on my strat but no locking nut.... will i need a locking nut/locking tuners if i dont do dive bombs?
Quote by pigeonmafia

If you got the trem stopper, and tightend the springs in the back alot, yes you could downtune and still do dive bombs

why would i need to tighten the springs?
Quote by extremejmf
why would i need to tighten the springs?

To make sure that the tremolo block stays secure against the trem stopper. Also, incase you tune up at all etc. It's just to make sure that there is no way the block will move away from the trem stopper during use, causing tuning problems.

Though obviously you have to be careful not to make it too secure against it...