Wot say you?

I know they're heavy. You'll have to come up with something better than that. And don't even try to badmouth Peavey USA, as I already own a T-60, Fury I bass, and a Predator Strat, and bought my daughter a Foundation bass.

Enable away!
Good deal, average price is about $300 bucks USD. My friend actually almost got one, very middy and growly he said. I have to agree, I saw a youtube comparison b/t it and a Ric, and while it definitely wasn't the same, you could a similar type of sound, except that the player had it running with almost too much mids, and sounded a bit honky. But all in all, I think they're pretty great, definitely a diamond in the rough.
Quote by Lollage123
What?

I fought you'd unnerstand "wot," guv.

Or are you not familiar with the Peavey T-40 bass?

It's a fairly major model, although I'd expect it's more well known in the States.
I've played one of these before say yay i have an opionion! i thought it was okay wouldn't mind having it in the small collection i already own and there are alot worse basses that i've played on a scale from 1-10 with 10 being best, i'd give it an 8 maybe a 7. The only problem was the person that owned it was a total moron. I asked if i could play it for a second and he tells me that i need to give him 3,000 dollars if I break it so he can go buy a new one. I don't think he knew that i knew it was worth that but with one less zero. But ya its a nice bass :P..
Quote by Double Basser
there is no simple instrument, only simple minds
it's worth the money. i'd offer $200 and see what happens. the collector value is $300 to $375 for excellent condition, but the market is soft(low) right now. the T-40 has some nice features like an in/out of phase switch. the original S-1 switch. it's heavy but with a good set-up it will serve you well in any genre. i bought one new in 1979 for $300(plus tax).
Last edited by 83lespaulstudio at Sep 16, 2009,
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
it's worth the money. i'd offer $200 and see what happens. the collector value is $300 to $375 for excellent condition, but the market it soft(low) right now. the T-40 has some nice features like an in/out of phase switch. the original S-1 switch. it's heavy but with a good set-up it will serve you well in any genre. i bought one new in 1979 for $300(plus tax).

It was listed at $300, I offered $250, which is how we got to $275.