I have an Ibanez EX Series(not sure what model, just know that it is an EX Series) On the mounting plate on the back my numbers are: 9103158..my tuning keys are on the right side of the headstock looking from the front..It was made in Korea apparently...Any info on this guitar would be sweet...i really want to find out the model number(Ibanez EX------?)I have a crack on the neck of my Ibanez and it is HUGE!! (actually, i have three of them..) the first starts bout a quarter inch below the screws for the tunerlocks and goes in an upside down u type shapeto both sides of the neck to the second fret.Thes second is smaller...Comes from the left screw and goes straight down to the first crack.. On the left side of that screw it goes off to the side but is smaller...The bigest one starts at the right screw shoots off to the right and goes from the right side of the screw and to the first fret bar...On the left side it goes slightly left and down to the u shaped crack, but continues on straight down to the middle of the FOURTH fret... do you think this is a good enough guitar that it is worth saving, or should i just buy a new neck? And if I have to buy a new one would it be possible to get the exact same neck...it is an older guitar i guessearly nineties IBANEZ doesnt have it on there website..Hell, a friend gave it to me for free...paid $25 for a PEAVEY Microbass Amp from the same friend, and bout a damn near brand new Digitech Death Metal pedal from a guy at work for $25..Add $4walmart strings and a $7 10 foot cord from walmart and thats my setup....any opinoins? I also was looking to replace the 2 knobs, especially the volume knob cause anytime i touch it, my sound cuts out..i had to take the cover off the back and put the tone knob back together to get it to work cause its pieces were just flopping around in there...my tone selector switch only works in the 2nd and 3rd positions(out of three)..also was interested in pickups....I want to get the flat style pickups like i see on alot of really metal guitars...i think ESP or EMG makes those....any advice and prices would be appreciated...My boss at work is going to sell me a B.C. Rich guitar....dont know anything about it except that it is black and hes going to give me a strap tuner and hard case with it...he says its about a 6 to 7 hundred dollar guitar....any opinions on B.C. Rich guitars? Would it be better than the Ibanez EX Series I have now??SORRY ABOUT THE LONG ASS MESSAGE, JUST HAD A LOT OF STUFF TO PUT OUT THERE....
Quote by psychoheretic21
I have an Ibanez EX Series(not sure what model, just know that it is an EX Series) On the mounting plate on the back my numbers are: 9103158..my tuning keys are on the right side of the headstock looking from the front..It was made in Korea apparently...Any info on this guitar would be sweet...i really want to find out the model number(Ibanez EX------?)I have a crack on the neck of my Ibanez and it is HUGE!! (actually, i have three of them..) the first starts bout a quarter inch below the screws for the tunerlocks and goes in an upside down u type shapeto both sides of the neck to the second fret.Thes second is smaller...Comes from the left screw and goes straight down to the first crack.. On the left side of that screw it goes off to the side but is smaller...The bigest one starts at the right screw shoots off to the right and goes from the right side of the screw and to the first fret bar...On the left side it goes slightly left and down to the u shaped crack, but continues on straight down to the middle of the FOURTH fret... do you think this is a good enough guitar that it is worth saving, or should i just buy a new neck? And if I have to buy a new one would it be possible to get the exact same neck...it is an older guitar i guessearly nineties IBANEZ doesnt have it on there website..Hell, a friend gave it to me for free...paid $25 for a PEAVEY Microbass Amp from the same friend, and bout a damn near brand new Digitech Death Metal pedal from a guy at work for $25..Add $4walmart strings and a $7 10 foot cord from walmart and thats my setup....any opinoins? I also was looking to replace the 2 knobs, especially the volume knob cause anytime i touch it, my sound cuts out..i had to take the cover off the back and put the tone knob back together to get it to work cause its pieces were just flopping around in there...my tone selector switch only works in the 2nd and 3rd positions(out of three)..also was interested in pickups....I want to get the flat style pickups like i see on alot of really metal guitars...i think ESP or EMG makes those....any advice and prices would be appreciated...My boss at work is going to sell me a B.C. Rich guitar....dont know anything about it except that it is black and hes going to give me a strap tuner and hard case with it...he says its about a 6 to 7 hundred dollar guitar....any opinions on B.C. Rich guitars? Would it be better than the Ibanez EX Series I have now??SORRY ABOUT THE LONG ASS MESSAGE, JUST HAD A LOT OF STUFF TO PUT OUT THERE....

B.C. Rich's are good with distortion in my experience... and nothing else... but yeah if you're into the "-cores"

P.S. I hate you for that text
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Last edited by Dream Floyd at Sep 15, 2009,
Big paragraph is big.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
The EX series is an old MIK RG series. A 6-700 $ guitar will be pretty good compared to your Ibanez. And your sound won't change very much when you buy "flat" EMGs, you will need a better amp to really benefit from the EMGs.
Last edited by TheOpenMind at Sep 15, 2009,