Inspired by the "Famous people born on your birthday" thread,

What significant events occurred on your birth month?

If you're unsure, use this and find your year on the left.

If you're not born in the 90's, you can find the decades there too.

Brett Farve started his first game as a packer in my birth month, September of '92.
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” -Winston Churchill
I was born the day that the Gulf War started in Iraq. The doctor that delivered me ran back and forth from the room to the lounge to watch news coverage on the television; his family was in one of the regions being attacked.

Jan 16/91

oh that is great!

"'Evil men have no songs.' How is it that the Russians have songs?"
No More Tears was released.
* September 2 – The United States recognizes the independence of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
* September 3 – In Hamlet, North Carolina, a grease fire breaks out at the Imperial Foods chicken processing plant, killing 25 people.
* September 5–7 – At the 35th Annual Tailhook Symposium in Las Vegas, 83 women and seven men are assaulted.
* September 6 – The Soviet Union recognizes the independence of the Baltic states.
* September 6 – The name Saint Petersburg is restored to Russia's second-largest city, which had been renamed Leningrad in 1924.
* September 8 – The Republic of Macedonia becomes independent.
* September 9 – Tajikistan declares its independence from the Soviet Union.
* September 17 – North Korea, South Korea, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, the Marshall Islands and Micronesia join the United Nations.
* September 19 – Ötzi the Iceman is found in the Alps.
* September 20–21 – In Sandy, Utah, several patients are held hostage and a nurse is killed in the Alta View Hospital hostage incident.
* September 21 – Armenia declares independence from the Soviet Union.
* September 21–30 – Iraq disarmament crisis: IAEA inspectors discover files on Iraq's hidden nuclear weapons program. Iraqi officials confiscate documents from UN weapons inspectors, refusing to allow them to leave the site without turning over other documents. A 4-day standoff ensues. Iraq permits the team to leave with the documents after the UN Security Council threatens enforcement actions.
* September 21 – The Order of the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence of German tongue (Orden der Schwestern der Perpetuellen Indulgenz deutscher Zunge, "O.S.P.I.") is founded in Heidelberg by Erzmutter (Archmother) Johanna Indulgentia Tara Maria Benedicta O.S.P.I.
* September 21 – AFL Grand Final: Hawthorn Hawks defeat West Coast Eagles by 53 points at Waverley Park, the final score 20.19.139 – 13.8.86.
* September 22 – The Huntington Library makes the Dead Sea Scrolls available to the public for the first time.
* September 24 The Seattle grunge band Nirvana released their hit album Nevermind.
* September 30 – Haitian President Jean-Bertrand Aristide is removed from power.
* September 30 – A twister destroys parts of Itu, a city in southeastern Brazil, killing 16 and leaving 176 injured.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Sep 16, 2009,
August 14, 1989 – The Sega Genesis is released in North America.

Only good thing I found. One day before my birth date, too.

August 20 – In Beverly Hills, California, Lyle and Erik Menendez shoot their wealthy parents to death in the family's den.

This was pretty cool as well though.
In May '94,

- Aryton Senna was killed in the San Marino Grand Prix
- The Channel Tunnel was opened
- Nelson Mandela was inaugurated
- John Smith (Ex leader of Labour Party) died
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Hitler was born. Never mind, that was april.

EDIT: Oh, you mean from the year.

March, 1994

# March 1 – A lone terrorist kills Ari Halberstam during an attack on 14 Jewish students on the Brooklyn Bridge in New York City. [2]

March 28 – Shell House Massacre: Inkatha Freedom Party and ANC supporters battle in central Johannesburg South Africa.

March 5 – A gunman takes 9 people hostage in the Salt Lake City Public Library Hostage Incident.

March 27 – The biggest tornado outbreak in 1994 occurs in the southeastern United States; 1 tornado hits a Goshen United Methodist Church in Piedmont, Alabama, killing 22 people.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Sep 15, 2009,
The Son of Sam killer was caught in New York. Elvis Presley died from a drug overdose.

Yeah I'm mad old.
Feb 3 '91.

Events:
# February 1 – A USAir Boeing 737-300, Flight 1493 collides with a SkyWest Airlines Fairchild Metroliner, Flight 5569 at Los Angeles International Airport, killing 34.
# February 5 – A Michigan court bars Dr. Jack Kevorkian from assisting in suicides.
# February 7 – Haiti's first democratically elected president, Jean-Bertrand Aristide, is sworn in.
# February 7 – The Provisional Irish Republican Army launches a mortar attack on 10 Downing Street during a cabinet meeting.
# February 7 – The One Meridian Plaza fire in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania kills 3 firefighters and destroys 8 floors of the building.
# February 7 – Gulf War: Ground troops cross the Saudi Arabian border and enter Kuwait, thus starting the ground phase of the war.
# February 9 – Voters in Lithuania support independence.
# February 11 – UNPO, the Unrepresented Nations & Peoples Organization, forms in The Hague, Netherlands.
# February 13 – Gulf War: Two laser-guided "smart bombs" destroy an underground bunker in Baghdad, killing hundreds of Iraqis. United States military intelligence claims it was a military facility but Iraqi officials identify it as a bomb shelter.

Births:
# February 10 – Emma Roberts, American actress
# February 10 – Ceng De Ping, Taiwanese singer
# February 16 – Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg
# February 17 – Bonnie Wright, English actress
# February 18 – Malese Jow, American actress
# February 18 – Henry Surtees, British racing driver (d. 2009)
# February 25 – Gerran Howell, Welsh actor
# February 28 – Sarah Bolger, Irish actress

Deaths

# February 2 – Pete Axthelm, sportswriter (b. 1943)
# February 5 – Dean Jagger, American actor (b. 1903)
# February 6 – Salvador Luria, Italian-born biologist, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine (b. 1912)
# February 6 – Danny Thomas, American singer, comedian, and actor (b. 1914)
# February 7 – Amos Yarkoni, legendary Israeli soldier (b. 1920)
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
The Ground Phase of the Gulf War started on my birthday, Feb 7/91
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
* June 1 – Cold War: U.S. President George H. W. Bush and Soviet Union leader Mikhail Gorbachev sign a treaty to end chemical weapon production and begin destroying their respective stocks.
* June 1 – Members of the Provisional Irish Republican Army shoot and kill Major Michael Dillon-Lee and Private William Robert Davies of the British Army. Dillon-Lee is killed outside his home in Dortmund, Germany and Davies is killed at a railway station in Lichfield, England.
* June 2 – The Lower Ohio Valley tornado outbreak spawns 88 confirmed tornadoes in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio, killing 12; 37 tornadoes occur in Indiana, eclipsing the previous record of 21 during the Super Outbreak of April 1974.
* June 7 – Universal Studios Florida opens to the public.
* June 8 – The 1990 FIFA World Cup begins in Italy.
* June 12 – Cold War: The parliament of the Russian Federation formally declares its sovereignty.
* June 14 – 1990 NBA Finals: The Detroit Pistons defeat the Portland Trail Blazers.
* June 21 – An earthquake measuring 7.3 on the Richter Scale kills thousands in the Iranian city of Manjil.[3]
* June 22 – Underwater volcano Mount Didicas erupts in the Philippines.
* June 24 – Kathleen Young and Irene Templeton are ordained as priests in St Anne's Cathedral, Belfast, becoming the first Anglican women priests in the United Kingdom.
* June 26 – U.S. President Bush breaks his 1988 'no new taxes' campaign pledge, accepting tax revenue increases as a necessity to reduce the budget deficit. This will greatly decrease his popularity in subsequent years.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
May 2 – In London, a man brandishing a knife robs courier Nicholas Lane of bearer bonds worth £292 million (the largest mugging to date).

oh and :

May 5 – The 35th Eurovision Song Contest takes place in Zagreb, Yugoslavia.
On the very day I was born, the Russians and Germans agreed to invade and split up Poland. I'm Polish. Yay.

EDIT: Obviously not the same year.
Last edited by michal23 at Sep 15, 2009,
Jan 92

January 13 – Japan apologizes for forcing Korean women into sexual slavery during World War II.

only interesting thing
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Wow, not a single event happened on my birth month/year.
epic7734
D-Day

EDIT: Wait...shit.

The Kalmunai massacre
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Last edited by Gyroscope at Sep 15, 2009,
on my birthday February 9 – Voters in Lithuania support independence.
April 9, 1992
– A Miami, Florida jury convicts former Panamanian ruler Manuel Noriega of assisting Colombia's cocaine cartel.
– United Kingdom general election, 1992: the Conservative Party, led by John Major, is re-elected.

boooring
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
1989:

April 25 – The term of Baginda Almutawakkil Alallah Sultan Iskandar Al-Haj ibni Almarhum Sultan Ismail as the 8th Yang di-Pertuan Agong of Malaysia ends.

April 26 – Sultan Azlan Muhibbudin Shah ibni Almarhum Sultan Yusuff Izzudin Shah Ghafarullahu-lahu, Sultan of Perak, becomes the 9th Yang di-Pertuan Agong of Malaysia.

Gotta love 'dem Malaysian royals.
Enjoy jeppelapp responsibly.

Quote by In The Mist
If you led your life by the pit's advice, you would be in prison on multiple charges of rape.
Last edited by jeppelapp at Sep 15, 2009,
1992:

# June 15 – During a spelling bee at a Trenton, New Jersey elementary school, U.S. Vice President Dan Quayle erroneously corrects a student's spelling of the word potato, indicating it should have an e at the end.

Clocks tick. Your days are numbered in low digits.
You look suspicious - suspect niggas is bitches,
Get chopped up, grade-A meat, somethin' delicious
Born September 3rd, 1991.

September 2 – The United States recognizes the independence of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
September 6 – The Soviet Union recognizes the independence of the Baltic states.
September 6 – The name Saint Petersburg is restored to Russia's second-largest city, which had been renamed Leningrad in 1924.
September 8 – The Republic of Macedonia becomes independent.
September 9 – Tajikistan declares its independence from the Soviet Union.
September 17 – North Korea, South Korea, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, the Marshall Islands and Micronesia join the United Nations.
September 21 – Armenia declares independence from the Soviet Union.
September 30 – Haitian President Jean-Bertrand Aristide is removed from power.

Not a good month for the Soviet Union.
Quote by sfaune92
April 9, 1992
– A Miami, Florida jury convicts former Panamanian ruler Manuel Noriega of assisting Colombia's cocaine cartel.
– United Kingdom general election, 1992: the Conservative Party, led by John Major, is re-elected.

boooring

April 1992 was when the Rodney King riots were, I think.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
  • January 1 – The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) is established.
  • January 14 – U.S. President Bill Clinton and Russian President Boris Yeltsin sign the Kremlin Accords, which stop the preprogrammed aiming of nuclear missiles toward each country's targets, and also provide for the dismantling of the nuclear arsenal in Ukraine. (on my birthday)
  • January 26 – A man fires 2 blank shots at Charles, Prince of Wales in Sydney, Australia.