Ok, so i have decided to upgrade my squier with a new paintjob, and since everything is coming apart, i thought i would upgrade the pick-ups in it.

What i want to know is, i see it has cut-outs big enough for HB (it currently has S-S-S) but the pickguard would need to change, and also what about the wiring?

Also, im on a low budget, so im planning on using Ebay to get the pick-ups for cheap, which is why i ask about wiring, since they dont always come with all the extras.

Also, can anyone recomend what pick-ups to use? The guitar is used for all styles, i play alot of metal, but use it at church, so cleans are very important aswell, and i have a music man JP-6 which i will use more, the squier is kept more at church, so the other guitarist's can use it *they dont have there own -_-* So yeah, i suppose i would like something that in overdrive will cut through, kinda metalica style, but on clean to sound really nice and clean (not slightly overdriven even on the cleanest of settings)

Any help will be greatly apreciated. Phil
Gear:
Music Man: Sig John Petrucci 6 string

Mesa Boogie: DC-5

MXR 10 Band EQ
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Bump
Gear:

MXR 10 Band EQ
Ibanez Tube Screamer
If you want Humbuckers (one or more) you will need a 500k pot for each of those, potentially. My Pacifica has HSS and has one 500k tone and a Volume.

You should look at Irongear pickups. They are UK based and are very, very good and brilliantly priced.

See my sig if you want cheaper parts.

What sort of paintjob are you after?
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Im planning on doing a chrome body, and thinking of a metalic blue scratch plate
Gear:

MXR 10 Band EQ
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Quote by Phil_Rocks
Im planning on doing a chrome body, and thinking of a metalic blue scratch plate

I see.

Well, if you want a chrome look body, you will need super attention to the priming, filling and sanding stages, not to mention the application of the chrome paint.

The best paint in the world, is the stuff I use, by House Of Kolor. They do one called Kosmic Krome which is brilliant, but it does require experience in painting for it's application.

I also suggest you use one of the 2k (2 pack) clear lacquers that are now available in spray cans.

If you are going to paint the pick guard, you will need a plastic primer first.
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Thanks very much, i have a freind who also does painting, he is suplying me with the chrome paint, and he said about needing primer's and lacquers (he does industrial things, and travels all over the shop) I will probaly be asking you for some more help when i get the paint and such.
Gear:

MXR 10 Band EQ
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Quote by Phil_Rocks
Thanks very much, i have a freind who also does painting, he is suplying me with the chrome paint, and he said about needing primer's and lacquers (he does industrial things, and travels all over the shop) I will probaly be asking you for some more help when i get the paint and such.

You will need access to spray equipment (if you don't use spray cans) and you can buy HOK stuff on ebay. I can help with what you might need.

In the mean time, try reading this site.

Painting Guide
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani