Can anyone tell me which of these colours is the most like Jimmy Page's les paul. I don't know what they look like, just got the names of the colours there. Also, what does the H/W thing mean after some of the colours?

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/72458

I need this Les Paul to look as close to the real thing as possible, because I'm playing it in our newly found Led Zeppelin Tribute band.

Thanks,
Cherry sunburst would probably be the best.

and h/w is hardware
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany

Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop with Seymour Duncan Alnico II's

Seagull 25th anniversary Mahogany Edition

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Quote by Eurozeppelin
Can anyone tell me which of these colours is the most like Jimmy Page's les paul.

Page played many les Pauls, with different finishes

just look on google

http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=jimmy+page&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2&aq=f&oq=
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Quote by Eurozeppelin
Can anyone tell me which of these colours is the most like Jimmy Page's les paul. I don't know what they look like, just got the names of the colours there. Also, what does the H/W thing mean after some of the colours?

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/72458

I need this Les Paul to look as close to the real thing as possible, because I'm playing it in our newly found Led Zeppelin Tribute band.

Thanks,

Good luck with that.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Just buy a sunburst LP
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
I think its heritage cherry sunburst...but do you really have to have the same color?

Do you have any idea how modded that effin guitar was?...he had his pots replaced with push/pull pots so he could get every pickup combination possible...

And as gay as the same color thing is your not gonna find a guitar that sounds like a 1960 les paul standard...unless you have about 150 thousand bucks to buy one lol

And while your trying to look like you him you gotta get a few marshall plexi half stacks and a vintage vox wah,and a vintage vox treble booster...and some cool bell bottoms that say zoso on them lol

Just be your self....buy a guitar YOU like...you can still play zep...I play in a classic rock cover band on the side and we play a few zep songs...I use a strat...I don't wanna sound like him...I sound better :p jk
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
Quote by rdobson2
I think its heritage cherry sunburst...but do you really have to have the same color?

Do you have any idea how modded that effin guitar was?...he had his pots replaced with push/pull pots so he could get every pickup combination possible...

And as gay as the same color thing is your not gonna find a guitar that sounds like a 1960 les paul standard...unless you have about 150 thousand bucks to buy one lol

And while your trying to look like you him you gotta get a few marshall plexi half stacks and a vintage vox wah,and a vintage vox treble booster...and some cool bell bottoms that say zoso on them lol

Just be your self....buy a guitar YOU like...you can still play zep...I play in a classic rock cover band on the side and we play a few zep songs...I use a strat...I don't wanna sound like him...I sound better :p jk

yes please, no more Jimmy Page wanna be's.. i can't take it anymore XD
you don't know what color it is even though you play in a cover band. Get a tele if you want to be a real wanna be, sounds more like his early sounds.
Quote by rdobson2

No he didn't. His main les pauls were stock all throughout Zeppelin. His backup sunburst les paul had all the switches and push pulls installed sometime during the mid to late '80s, but his main one remained stock with the exception of a phase switch put in there some time during the '90s and the bridge replaced w/ a black Seymour Duncan.

It was a 1959

ok this I agree with
I think that there's some japanese company that makes a(n) (unofficial) Page Les Paul.

Secondly, the Dragon Tele is way cooler.
Quote by Sir Anonymous
I think that there's some japanese company that makes a(n) (unofficial) Page Les Paul.

+1

His early live sound and was also better IMO.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by al112987
No he didn't. His main les pauls were stock all throughout Zeppelin. His backup sunburst les paul had all the switches and push pulls installed sometime during the mid to late '80s, but his main one remained stock with the exception of a phase switch put in there some time during the '90s and the bridge replaced w/ a black Seymour Duncan.

WOW who gives a ****.. what does that have to do with anything
Quote by pepsi1187
WOW who gives a ****.. what does that have to do with anything
It has to do with people saying that you need to mod the **** out of your guitar to get it like Page's, which you don't.
Quote by al112987

He modified them a few times during Zeppelin. Changing pickups and whatnot. But yeah, the push-pulls and switches on #2 were installed in the early 80's, after Zep. Whole Lotta Led here did a lot of research for a CROTM of Jimmy Page and he posted the info here:

http://kozmicblues.webs.com/index.htm

There's a lot of interesting stuff there.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Well, If you want to really make an impression, get an EDS-1275, or a similar doubleneck SG type. Even though Paige didn't play it as much as his Les Paul or Tele, it is much more identifyable to Paige than his Les Paul for the simple reason that zillions of famous players use Les Pauls, EDS-1275's not so much. (And it was used in stairway, well the live performances anyways)
Quote by Sir Anonymous

Edwards but that would be way out of the ts' budget.
Ok I was wrong about the push pull knobs ....and maybe with the year...there's soooo many contradicting stories out there if I was off I'm sorry
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
1. As said he used multiple finished Les Pauls onstage.
2. As also said cherry sunburst would be better, but frankly #1 is a 1959 Les Paul worn to a nice orangey colour.
3. Again as said his live tone and IMO his studio tone on some songs as well was better with a tele.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Hey, guys, don't get me with the wannabe Page thing. We're just trying as hard as we can to emulate the style of Led Zeppelin, AND play their music to a good standard. Having the image for when we perform is just another aspect of the entertainment, (I think we are entering a couple of local competitions.)

Oh by the way, I do know what colour his Les Paul is It's just the colours on that website are written rather than shown in pictures, so I was wondering which one was most similar to his main cherryburst Les Paul.
I don't see why people think he should use a tele, Page used a tele as his main stage guitar for less than 6 months.
I would say the tobacco burst would be closest to the look of Jimmy's just because the finish looks like an old cherry burst with a black-ish fade.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by rdobson2

He didn't mod his les pauls til after Zepplin, and his guitar was a '59, and it costs around $350,000-$400,000 for a '59.

But i agree with your last part.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
There's this Zeppelin tribute band called Live Zeppelin and the guitrist of it doesn't have an exact copy of Jimmy Paige's Les Paul colourwise.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
Well, first you need a Gibson, not a Vintage, which matters a lot more than color.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
None of this of course matters

from his profile.

"I am a beginner guitarist, have only thus far learned a few riffs, a couple of chords. My budget is very limited, due to being 14 and having no real money of my own. Classic Rock & Roll is my first love, but I also like some Blues."
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by al112987
I don't see why people think he should use a tele, Page used a tele as his main stage guitar for less than 6 months.

yardbirds.
Quote by pepsi1187
yardbirds.
Yes, but the Yardbirds =/= Led Zeppelin, when most people think Jimmy Page, they think 1959 sunburst les paul.