I'm looking for a new 12 string. My first is a cheap plywood Gibson Epiphone I bought 20 years ago in my first learning-to-play incarnation. What did I know back then? The top is concave from dehydration, and I'm told by the repair shop the truss rod cannot even be adjusted. OK, the guitar is fuel for the fireplace.

I want either a Seagull Coastline Cedar 12 string or a Yamaha FG720S 12-String Acoustic Guitar.

My 6 string is a Seagull Maritime Spruce, and has been great for the past year that I have it.

I've heard varying things about both 12 strings:

1. Seagull Coastline Cedar are garbage, and one shop won't carry it; he recommends the Yamaha, saying he's had nothing but problems with the Seagull.

2. Another dealer says he's sold the Seagull for years with no problems, and carries both.

Personally I like the Seagulls, but I am leaning towards the Yamaha. So, before I plunk down $469 for the Seagull or $329 for the Yamaha, does anyone have any experience, a preference or recommendation?
Look, it's not like John Lennon is going to come back, whack you with a guitar and say "You're playing the fookin' thing all bloody wrong, ya fookin' arsehole." - My teacher on the many ways of playing any song.
Aware.
Look, it's not like John Lennon is going to come back, whack you with a guitar and say "You're playing the fookin' thing all bloody wrong, ya fookin' arsehole." - My teacher on the many ways of playing any song.
Yeah, I'd listen to Obeythepenguin on 12 String matters...He knows what he's talking about haha. And he's right, seagulls have massively wider necks than all other steel strings that I've ever seen.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Sounds like the OP is in the same boat as I. I dont mean to hijack the thread, but, Im gettin ready to trade in a Jackson for a 12er, and I was kinda wondering the same thing. Ive played a Yammi 12er and it is the first one Ive had hands on, and Im wondering if there are better out there for that price.
Gear

30 Watt Peavey Vypyr

Peavey Reactor

Agile AL-3100 White w/ chrome hw

Seagull S6 Original