My friend wants to start playing bass! A Bassist friend of mine showed him some stuff, and today I taught him how to play the bassline to Dazed and Confused, and we played it up to the violin bow solo (He used one of my guitars to practice bass) Anyway, he's decided he wants to start playing...

He's come to me with this and I'd just like to ask you Ug'ers if it's any good. Price seems a little too good to be true...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BENSON-RETRO-RED-ELECTRIC-BASS-GUITAR-PACKAGE-KIT-PACK_W0QQitemZ190333874156QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item2c50c86fec&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Thanks!
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Doesn't say what body wood which is a bit off, but for a beginner it should be fine.

Probably plywood, like a first act.
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
says it's a basswood body

EDIT:
Quote by ebay ad
With its comfortable neck, solid Basewood body and classic tone, the Benson P-Bass conjures up the sound of thousands of recordings in every genre of music.

see?
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Last edited by randomhero93 at Sep 15, 2009,