Good evening/appropriate-time-of-day, GG&A! I hope this thread finds you all well.

I've recently been recording some demos with my new band, and had the idea of playing through two amps to create a stereo sound. The gear we used isn't high-end stuff, I played through my Peavey VK and a Marshal AVT, but we got a pretty decent tone out of them both.

This got me thinking about the possibility of running two amps in stereo for when we start gigging. I like the idea of combining two seperate tones to create a guitar sound, and I like being able to split effects into stereo, and have different effects on each amp. As this is my first 'serious' band, I intend to get a 'serious' amp to form the basis of my sound; but like the idea of keeping the Peavey for stereo effects and what not.

So, what I'm asking is, what are the pros and cons of such a set-up? Other than the obvious extra effort of lugging two amps around. I've heard things about phase issues, but don't really understand it - could someone enlighten me?

I'm currently looking at a tube Marshall as the basis of my sound, maybe a JCM 800 (dual channel) or a JCM 900, if that helps. I also intend to control it all through a small rack and MIDI foot control system.

Thanks guys
Hey Math! Good to see you again.

So you know how to run in stereo live you are just asking if there would be phase issues?

My dumb ass tells me you will be fine especially if they are separated to some degree and you can control your monitors/feedback/etc......so basically what I want to say is,

BUMP!
^ Yeah, or just any unforseen issues that there might be with running two amps together. I didn't really encounter any whilst recording.

As all my threads seem to be, this is just a pipeline dream at the moment. The effects are coming first, I won't be gigging for another 9 months or so any I don't think.

As for being not round for a while... I've been fooling myself that I have some sort of life outside UG
Phasing would only happen if you had the exact same sound from two different amps. That's when sound waves start canceling each other out. So you'll probably be fine.