So I just got an Alexi 200 bare no hardware from a friend, and I'd like to a replacement tremolo/nut/tuners for it problem its the choices are massive.

I really like the hardware on my RG5EX1, mostly the way the bar just slides right in you dont have to screw it on.

can anyone help me find what i'm looking for i dunno if its 42 or 43mm nut, I also like japan made Ibanez tuners.

I'd like to get the floyd system in a satin black.
i know the nut is 42mm (espguitars.com)

Idk what replacement trems you can use, possibly an OFR.

there are probably better tuners than ibanez ones. maybe try grovers? to tell you the truth, as long as you can string up the gutar and tune it and lock the nut, it doesn't matter what tuners you use
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I hate Grover's (just an aethetic thing though, not quality) i'll look around. thanks for the info on the nut i really appreciate the quick response
no problem, but no offense, you should have done some research before you started asking. the tuners and FR questions were ok, but the answer to the size of the nut was right on the ESP page. you just needed to find the gutar and check the specs. but you're a brand new 09'er so i'll let you off the hook. lol
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
no offense, you should have done some research before you started asking. you're a brand new 09'er so i'll let you off the hook. lol

sorry man I've got like 60 windows open trying to determine which system to buy and lost sight of where i should be looking.

thanks again for the info... i'm narrowing in on the Ibanez Edge pro but i have no clue if it's even able to fit in this guitar or where i can get it at a decent price for that matter.
i know there's a replacement chart somewhere on which trem you can easil swap out without re routing the cavitys. you might wanna try checking out the floyd rose website and see if the floyd that the body is routed for can fit an OFR. i think it should.
Quote by pedromiles101
Wasn't there a thread stating that the Floyd Rose Special was just an OFR made in different country and from different materials a while back? If so then that carries the answer as to which model trem you can fit in the guitar. And you can find the thread since i'm to lazy too :P
Ibanez trems are just a little bit wider and you would have to do some routing with the cavity. Also they are higher so you would have to shim the neck. Unless you like really high action.

My Recommendation would be a Schaller or gotah floyd. They should be direct drop in Replacements. I only know this because I'm kind of in the same boat as you with a Ibanez S470 I just bought. It has a LO-TRS II in it. And everything I have been reading about it is that it's junk. So I have been looking for a direct replacement myself. But the Schaller or Gotah would work. Or an OFR Origional or Pro. Would work just fine.

Good luck,
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.