I really want to change the guitar i currently have:an Epi Firebird.
It's not that i dont like it's sound,i feel i could get a much more comfortable and nicer guitar.
My budget is 810 plus what ill get for the guitar,which will probably be around 250.
Hopefully my mom will agree to chip in, so the total budget will cprobably be aroung 1150 USD.
Now,i won't be able to play the guitar first,as there is very little selection here, and my uncle is going to america in about a month and he will get the guitar for me.

I dont have many specs i want,I just don't really want any strats suggested,and i dont want any Floyd Rose/Edge/whateveer.
I can't really go used.
My amp Is a Crate Palomino V8 which i love,might get a distortion pedal for it soon(for now i am using a friend's DS-1).
I play Punk,alternative,and hard rock,and very little metal(mostly classic metal and metallica) and grunge.
Feel free to offer cheaper guitars and pickup changes.
Thanks in advance,guys.
Wow,not everyone at once..
I had this idea to get an epi lp custom and put in a seymour duncan hot rodded set.
What do u guys think?
Quote by Firebirdz
Wow,not everyone at once..
I had this idea to get an epi lp custom and put in a seymour duncan hot rodded set.
What do u guys think?

sounds nice, the les paul is great because it works wiht almost any pickups
If you don't mind a Strat-shaped guitar, I'd look into a Schecter C-1 Classic. Very nice guitar.
Washburn X50 is something you should look, has a great set of features and pickups and is relatively low priced.
Ok,any other ideas?
Another idea i had is to get a gibson SG classic and maybe out a p-90 sized humber in the bridge.
how bout a fender classic player jaguar hh special but swap the standard pickups and put in a seymour duncan jb in the bridge n a seymour duncan paf in the neck.
At 800 I would definitely go the Epi route. I bought an Epi Standard LP, it sounded decent, slapped a Duncan JB in the bridge and a Pearly Gates in the bridge and it sounds like a gibson standard. If you get the Epi Custom then your hardware and looks are just gonna go up a little bit. That's probably your best best