hey guys out there im looking into buying a new amp and well iv brought it down to one of a couple either;

Baron Custom Amp: MII100

Engl Fireball 100

BlackStar Series One S200

Framus Cobra - Dragon

or possibly a Orange Rockerverb 100

i really dont want a Mesa or a 6505 coz everyone out there seems to have one so i want something diffrent i play in a Hardcore / Metalcore band kinda like killswitch engage / inflames and i know that killswitch use things like mesa's and framus and inflames use the 6505 n some other stuff and i dont want them haha

i really just want peoples opinions on these amps and if any of u out there own them whats ur opinion of them n stuff like wat kinda problems u have or have had n stuff lol
Last edited by SWBS_DJ_GUITAR at Sep 15, 2009,
I've heard good things about Blackstar, and Engl is prety insane. Out of those, I'd go with the Engl.

Outside of those, there are other options such as a XXX, Bogner (alchemist, shiva, etc).

Now here's my opinion. Getting or not getting a piece of gear because "so and so has it" or "many people have it" is an awful reason to make a choice. You should decide based on playability and tone. If it does what you want how you want it to, does it really matter what name is on the front of it?
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by SWBS_DJ_GUITAR
hey guys out there im looking into buying a new amp and well iv brought it down to one of a couple either;

Baron Custom Amp: MII100

Engl Fireball 100

BlackStar Series One S200

Framus Cobra - Dragon

or possibly a Orange Rockerverb 100

i really dont want a Mesa or a 6505 coz everyone out there seems to have one so i want something diffrent i play in a Hardcore / Metalcore band kinda like killswitch engage / inflames and i know that killswitch use things like mesa's and framus and inflames use the 6505 n some other stuff and i dont want them haha

i really just want peoples opinions on these amps and if any of u out there own them whats ur opinion of them n stuff like wat kinda problems u have or have had n stuff lol

So... you don't want some of the best amps for metal, because you want to be different?

Well...

Quote by strat0blaster
Now here's my opinion. Getting or not getting a piece of gear because "so and so has it" or "many people have it" is an awful reason to make a choice. You should decide based on playability and tone. If it does what you want how you want it to, does it really matter what name is on the front of it?

This tbh
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
the Baron, ENGL(not teh Balls tho), and the Framus Blows the 6505/Rectumfrier IMO.

i would go for the Baron cuz it sounds great, custom made, and cheap
and also look at Granger Amps
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Sep 15, 2009,
yea guys i do know that i might sound like a retard buy asking stupid ****ing questions but im just asking for peoples opinions on these amps it dosnt mean that im going to go out and buy one on what someone says and i do know that mesa and 6505 are excellent i just dont want one coz i think mesa's are over rated (just my personal opinion) and i have owned a 6505+ and had loads of problems with it so im not really going to get another haha and the name dosnt really matter either im just getting as much infomation as possible before i go out and buy one

sorry if that sounds like im being a dick i value your opinions
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
the Baron, ENGL(not teh Balls tho), and the Framus Blows the 6505/Rectumfrier IMO.

hey man u know ur one of the only people who actualy gives a decent answer haha yea iv been looking into the baron alot and have been speaking to dave im just not sure about buying an amp that i have no chance of trying haha and iv been looking at the framus to i think its between tho's two if im honest and if i can find one maby a second hand engl invader but i gota by the footswitch which is loads as well haha
Quote by SWBS_DJ_GUITAR
im just not sure about buying an amp that i have no chance of trying

well that is the big drawback of a custom made amps that is made far away from you.
but you have my word that you will like it
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
well that is the big drawback of a custom made amps that is made far away from you.
but you have my word that you will like it

yea man i have no doubt that i will like it haha and i could always boost it if its not what i want haha but seeing as its custom it will be lol
Quote by SWBS_DJ_GUITAR
yea man i have no doubt that i will like it haha and i could always boost it if its not what i want haha but seeing as its custom it will be lol

here is a clip of an MI60L (its the same thing but 1 channel)
http://www.youtube.com/user/davew1134#play/uploads/2/eAdY-PQAVWc
feel free to add me
Quote by SWBS_DJ_GUITAR

The reason that "everyone" out there seems to have one....is because these amps fit the genre so well. 9/10 metalcore bands you see, will have one guitarist with a dual or triple rec, and the other with a 5150 or 6505. Realisitically, this combination sounds stellar both in the studio and live. Why NOT go with a Mesa or a 5150?

Also, you stated that Mesa is over rated....but name doesnt matter? What?

Here's my final suggestion

Go and play the amps and see which one you like most....this is why I have my Randall RM100
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Last edited by Brendan.Clace at Sep 15, 2009,
Dude, get a Mesa. Play it yourself and after that tell us that it's overrated. But yeah, your decision. And also you listed some great amps for metal here.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Last edited by JesusCrisp at Sep 15, 2009,
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

Wouldnt that mean it sucks
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Wouldnt that mean it sucks

i think mah English is wrong there >.>

i was saying the Framus is much better than the 6505/Rectumfrier and that is my OPINION
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

i was saying the Framus is much better than the 6505/Rectumfrier and that is my OPINION

AKA the Cobra ****s all over them

You could also check out a Splawn Nitro; KsE is using them now.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by Brendan.Clace
The reason that "everyone" out there seems to have one....is because these amps fit the genre so well. 9/10 metalcore bands you see, will have one guitarist with a dual or triple rec, and the other with a 5150 or 6505. Realisitically, this combination sounds stellar both in the studio and live. Why NOT go with a Mesa or a 5150?

Also, you stated that Mesa is over rated....but name doesnt matter? What?

Here's my final suggestion

Go and play the amps and see which one you like most....this is why I have my Randall RM100

Quote by JesusCrisp
Dude, get a Mesa. Play it yourself and after that tell us that it's overrated. But yeah, your decision. And also you listed some great amps for metal here.

i do understand that everyone like the mesa gear and i know that its good and no the name doesnt matter and when i say over rated i meant the sound not the name and i have played though all the rectifiers the solo 50 the dual and triple rec and the roadster and i found them a bit generic sounding so in my opinion if something sounds generic to me and gets that much press then i think its over rated but again ITS MY OPINION i understand that urs may be diffrent and ur entitled to that
Quote by SWBS_DJ_GUITAR
i do understand that everyone like the mesa gear and i know that its good and no the name doesnt matter and when i say over rated i meant the sound not the name and i have played though all the rectifiers the solo 50 the dual and triple rec and the roadster and i found them a bit generic sounding so in my opinion if something sounds generic to me and gets that much press then i think its over rated but again ITS MY OPINION i understand that urs may be diffrent and ur entitled to that

It really depends on what sound you are after then. Which is why I suggest listening to clips, playing the amps and seeing what you like most. If you find Mesa too generic sounding, then try a Bogner Uberschall....especially if you are gonna dump that much cash.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

Its all good man.. Was to good for me to pass up
Quote by Brendan.Clace
It really depends on what sound you are after then. Which is why I suggest listening to clips, playing the amps and seeing what you like most. If you find Mesa too generic sounding, then try a Bogner Uberschall....especially if you are gonna dump that much cash.

yea iv looked into the Uberschall and i do love the tone of it i just need a tad more versatility lol

i find it really hard to find amps but after owning a 6505 and playing all the recs i dont want them haha so i drew up that list i have conciderd the bogner but it dosnt have a switchable effects loop or solo boost function and i know some of the others in my list dont but there cheaper so i could deal with it haha
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Its all good man.. Was to good for me to pass up

feel free to add me
Buy my Framus Cobra, $1500 USD and I will list it on eBay for a secure deal.
I play metal/hardcore like august burns red, parkway drive, Texas in July..etc and this amp is absolutely perfect for it. PM me if you're interested.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
Quote by Tensorspencer
Buy my Framus Cobra, $1500 USD and I will list it on eBay for a secure deal.
I play metal/hardcore like august burns red, parkway drive, Texas in July..etc and this amp is absolutely perfect for it. PM me if you're interested.

hey man i would if i had the cash to hand plus i would need the shipping to the UK which would cost a bomb iv narrowed my amp choice down to two amps i know i said i wouldnt get one but its a mesa rec dual or triple and a framus cobra

but if u can gimme shipping cost i would be intrested
Quote by SWBS_DJ_GUITAR
hey man i would if i had the cash to hand plus i would need the shipping to the UK which would cost a bomb iv narrowed my amp choice down to two amps i know i said i wouldnt get one but its a mesa rec dual or triple and a framus cobra

but if u can gimme shipping cost i would be intrested

I'm guessing the Cobra will be cheaper and the Recto more expensive over there, so I'd get the Framus in an instant over the Mesa. For around the same price, Cobra all the way.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
yea i am thinking about this cobra but need to know the shipping costs and a second hand mesa is about the same price over here as this cobra haha but i prefer the tone of the cobra haha