I need help!
I have no idea how to go about customizing it!
What can i write/draw on it?
"I want a drink"

"You always want something. In Tibet, if they want something...they give something away"

"Do they? That must be why they are such a dominant global power"

Brought to you by Graham Linehan and Dylan Moran
if it has a glossy finish, i recommend lightly sanding the area you want to put a design on with something like 180 grit maybe 120,to remove the finish, or atleast give it a surface paint can grip too then spray a small patch of colour you want your design, once its dry decided if u need a second coat of that colour, once thats dry if u do it, tape out your design, i recommend getting a large square of stickyback plastic, and using a stanely knife and scalpel you can make any design of any complexity, put this on your patch of design colour, spray the colour of the rest of the body, decide if u need second coat, peel of stick back plastic, voi-la you have your design, then spray a bit of clear gloss finish itll look as if it came with the design
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Quote by BoxerLadABC

I have no idea how to go about customizing it!

if you cant think of what to customize on it, that usually means you probably shouldnt be customizing it to begin with. now if there was something about the sound or look of it that you didnt like it would be an excellent jumping off point towards customizing. customizing things just for the sake of customizing them is pretty lame. customizing them for a reason makes much more sense.
Quote by noisefarmer
if you cant think of what to customize on it, that usually means you probably shouldnt be customizing it to begin with. now if there was something about the sound or look of it that you didnt like it would be an excellent jumping off point towards customizing. customizing things just for the sake of customizing them is pretty lame. customizing them for a reason makes much more sense.

yeah, im guessing you will go overboard with custom paint and stuff, then get borred of it in a week.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
what guitar do you have?

because I have to warn you.. if you like the sound of it now, and you do anything like refinishing/ painting a design/ putting stickers on the top, you're going to affect the tone alot..not in a good way

if it's just an old beat up acoustic you want to make look cool, then go for it.

or, if you're thinking of mods to change the playability/feel/tone, theres not tons you can do, but theres still a few things you could do..

but again, what guitar do you have?
Last edited by james4 at Sep 15, 2009,
not to detract attention from your problem but this might be quite a usefull thread for modding acoustics im currently making a stencil of Emily in cursive letters too put on the back of the neck of my SW201, (i named the guitar Emily)

i plan on doing it hendrix style and using nail polish as it enamel based i should be able to paint write over the finish and not need to apply any more gloss coat, i just need to be careful to use good nail polish and apply it very evenly

any problems with this plan, other than the fact making a stencil is ****ing hard, ive spent the last hour and a half with a stanley knife blade and a piece of paper with Emily written on it in fancy lettering, and i still need to neaten all the edges up, itll be worth it if it comes out good

go you think this will affect playability? i mean if i get it wrong obviously, itll be raised and lumpy, but will it be too raised even if i do it right? would i be better off doing it on the side of the body?
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.