so, i got an offer from a pal
the deal is a bc rich bronze mockingbird with non working volume pot/who knows what else for 80e (new one is 250e)

and another mate is swapping his ibanez inf3&4-s for emg-s, so he can sell me those(inf-s) for like 20e.

so im thinking of buying the mockingbird, getting it repaired and pickup changed in one run
what do you think? i need the second guitar for drop c....
MY GEAR:
Digitech RP250
Stagg Acoustic
Ibanez RGA32 (EMG 81/85)
amp doesn't matter :P
I played the thing and really hated it, but maybe thats just personal taste!

Can't be much more help i'm afraid.

TM
You really want to stay away from the Bronze series BC Rich guitars. I love the Mocking Bird and I have a great one but it's an NJ Series. I am assuming 80e is Euros? That seems pricey for a used Bronze series guitar that barley works. I would not pay more than $50.00 US for it and I would only use it for the body and maybe the neck.

John
is anybody here noticing that i am also changing the pickups?
and i dont know about pricey, its more than 3 times less than new.... (ok that sounded weird)
MY GEAR:
Digitech RP250
Stagg Acoustic
Ibanez RGA32 (EMG 81/85)
The pickups might help sure, but the general quality of everything else is what's going to crap out on you.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

You may be changing the pickups, but you're hardly getting great ones.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Don't get the cheap B.C. Riches, if you get a B.C. Rich, get a high end one.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
I would only use the body. Tell him you only want the body for less than 80 then spend the money you're saving on a neck and hardware. Make it custom.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by JesusCrisp
Don't get the cheap B.C. Riches, if you get a B.C. Rich, get a high end one.

but... this has nothing to do with the topic...
*nosebleed*

edit:
Quote by BladeSlinger
I would only use the body. Tell him you only want the body for less than 80 then spend the money you're saving on a neck and hardware. Make it custom.

is the neck that bad?
MY GEAR:
Digitech RP250
Stagg Acoustic
Ibanez RGA32 (EMG 81/85)
Last edited by Nesha Strah at Sep 15, 2009,
I played a bronze Warlock for a while. The was that bad for a beginner who know much but if you're going to be putting money in to this guitar you won't want this neck. That's my opinion.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I owned a platinum Mockingbird. It was a horrid instrument. No life whatsoever.
Quote by BladeSlinger
I played a bronze Warlock for a while. The was that bad for a beginner who know much but if you're going to be putting money in to this guitar you won't want this neck. That's my opinion.

k. thanks, i appreciate it
MY GEAR:
Digitech RP250
Stagg Acoustic
Ibanez RGA32 (EMG 81/85)