Does anyone know what mode you use to improvise over minor chords, or does any one know of a website that tells you all the chords you can use in each mode. I can't find this anywhere.
Quote by TommEnright
Does anyone know what mode you use to improvise over minor chords, or does any one know of a website that tells you all the chords you can use in each mode. I can't find this anywhere.

Any modes containing the 1, b3 and 5 would be full of safe notes but if you're trying to get to an advanced level of soloing then you need to realise that depending on context and the sound you want you can use any notes; they're all just colours to use.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
You can use a few of them....aeolein (prolly not spelled right)which is the "minor" scale,phrygian,dorian,and locrean...

Also harmonic minor which is basically aeolean with a sharp 7th (I think that's the only difference) lol

You will find some scales in different notes are the same...like A harmonic minor is very similar to E phrygian,d harmonic minor is kinda like A phrygian...

Learn the modes over every position so you can make runs that are linear(side to side) cause doing runs just up and down in one position is lame and 90 percent of people do it already...lol....be different :p
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
Use the "minor" modes. That doesn't really make much sense, but it's basically the ones that sound a little bit sad i.e. Dorian, Phrygian and Aeolian.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55