I've been wanting to upgrade my pickups for awhile, but I've only got enough money for one. Should I upgrade the neck or bridge? I play hard rock and a little bit of metal, so which would I more than likely be using more?
Thanks.
Sending a dummy to my God.

If you don't know which pickup you use more, you should probably play more and figure that out before you spend any money on pickups.
Quote by Roc8995
If you don't know which pickup you use more, you should probably play more and figure that out before you spend any money on pickups.

I'm asking because I can pretty much only use my neck pickup, because the bridge pickup on my guitar (RG-120) sounds like so much ass, so I can't really determine which I'd use more since I only use neck.

that's purely a personal preference.

Which is the one you're using most now? Replace that one. For me, I tend to stick to the neck pup (for a warmer sound), but if you want the screechier side of metal I'd upgrade the bridge.

Better yet, save up and replace both (or all if it's a 3 pup guitar)
If you find the bridge pickup lacking, why not replace that one so you have neck and bridge tones you can use?
probably bridge, but there's no accounting for taste and personal preference.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you play metal replace the bridge...you pretty much answered your own question saying it sounds like ass
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think