I was wondering how some people have handled parents getting a divorce...

I'm 20 years old and in college but the reason they're splitting is because of money, and neither have enough to live alone. I feel like I'm overreacting but i dunno.
how is a big divorce gna help with money problems?
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
Parents divorced in 8th grade while I was out of town.

Pretty much, remember that it's not your fault, that they're grown ups making grown up decisions, and care about both of them the same. You don't have to like both, just wish that they'd make it on their own.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
my parents broke up shortly after I left the house at 18. I was blaming on myself, because I didn't leave on the greatest note. But, I guess they were fighting a lot when I wasn't home.

But, that kinda stuff happens.
AMD Athlon x2 5200+ (Windsor) @ 3.2Ghz--4x1GB Gskill DDR2 800 @ 910Mhz--Biostar Tforce 550--450W Rosewill Stallion PSU--250GB Seagate Barracuda--Samsung Writemaster CD/DVD R/RW--XFX Geforce 7950GT core clock 600Mhz, memory clock 760Mhz
It can affect you at any time, I know it sucks but you'll be ok in the end. I cant actually remember ever having a full family unit haha so I cant say much, but you will honestly be ok
I know you think that I'm someone you can trust.
But I'm scared i'll get scared and i swear i'll try to nail you back up.

Female SouperHero
You should talk to both of them, try and get them to give each other another chance and tell them that they will be worse off financially if they do divorce.
The money problem is my dad isn't getting enough work and he hasn't bothered to look for a job, meanwhile my moms working 2 minimum wage jobs 60+ hours a week to pay for the bills while my dad just spends his money.

My mom is also getting $10,000 because my grandpa (her dad) died a month ago and left her the money. She's refusing to put it towards anything except my schooling (which neither my dad nor i can argue with)
I think it still counts as a divorce if my dad died when i was 3.

Good luck
I'm encouraging my parents to divorce, all they do is argue and neither one is happy.

I'm 18 btw.
i kinda get how you feel. my parents have always been together, but just lately things havent been going well between them, and i worry that theyre goona get a divorce. i really dont know how i'll deal with that, but i guess they'll make their own decisions in life... *sigh*
I swear my parent's are like Hank + Peggy only if they fought a lot and did drugs haha.

Part of me knows its for the best...but the hard part is being comfortable knowing its best.

And not to ride on the coattails of anyone else's misfortune but it does help knowing that it's happened to people at similar ages as me.
My dad just walked out aound when I finished 3rd grade. It's not bad.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Quote by GHTransfer
I think it still counts as a divorce if my dad died when i was 3.

Good luck

Damn dude, that must b terrible.
RIP Terje (Valfar) Bakken
my parents divorced when i was 14. it's not as bad as hollywood makes it out to be. things get back to normal pretty soon after it happens. you see your parents just as much, they're just in different houses. if your parents have a bit of money, you can expect them to "compete" for you love. that happened to a friend of mine, they kept buying him crap just for the hell of it
My parents divorced about a year ago.
It was great to get rid of my father, I hated him pretty much.
The divorce was nothing special, I didn't feel sad or anything.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz