so i bought a p bass a while back and everything on it works great but i didnt really know much about bass when i bought it and the guy who owned the store i bought it from was kind of a crook. so any tell tale signs it's a fake? I'll put some pics up soon, but any way i can tell for sure? or can you direct me to a site where i can enter the numbers on the headstock and it can tell me for sure that it is a legit p bass?
Serial number?
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Search for Fender Serial Numbers on google and there are sites who will tell you if it's fake if you decode the serial on it.

Edit: Here
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Last edited by druggietoad2k5 at Sep 15, 2009,
based on serial #

Guitar Info:
Your guitar was made at the
Ensenada Plant (Fender), Mexico
in the Year(s): 1993 - 1994
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by creepingjesus73
Best way is to put them on Photobucket (or Flickr/Picasa/wherever), and link them to your post, using the code. They'll be imbedded, and appear whenever the thread is viewed. As if by magic.
Or you can add it as an attachment.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by creepingjesus73
^Yeah, but that means I actually have to click my mouse one more time to see the pic!

...but it also saves us the pain of scrolling through massive pictures
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
yeah i dont have a photobucket and when i try to post them it says they're too big. anyone know how i can get the pics smaller on my computer?
Here's the issue. The serial number is legit. But it may be sum of parts, some of which may not be original fender. I have seen cases where some less than scrupulous individuals who have take Fender necks and bolted them on non-Fender manufactured body.
at this price level, i don't think it matters. if it plays and sounds good, it is what it is.
a used MIM is worth between $200 and $300. if you paid more than that, sorry.