I've been attempting to teach myself guitar since christmas, and know some of the basics and whatnot, although I have only been playing off of tabs to learn how to play songs. And I am still in high school and kinda know about the basics of music theory. I know my notes, and note length modifiers, and somewhat know about rythyms.

What websites would be the best to learn about music theory in general or (if it exists idk, still a noob) what would be the best place to learn about music theory that focused on guitar?

Or should I just sign up for guitar lessons?
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Dotted half notes, stacattos, idk.
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
Guitar lessons would probably be more beneficial than teaching yourself. That's not true for everyone, though. This site has some great lessons. I bought a book on guitar theory a while back at Barnes & Nobles. Any of these options could get you to where you're trying to go, but I think lessons would get you there faster.
Thanks. My parents wanted me to go to one anyways. Still though, are there any good sites that kind of explain music theory?
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
Quote by AWACS
I've been attempting to teach myself guitar since christmas, and know some of the basics and whatnot, although I have only been playing off of tabs to learn how to play songs. And I am still in high school and kinda know about the basics of music theory. I know my notes, and note length modifiers, and somewhat know about rythyms.

What websites would be the best to learn about music theory in general or (if it exists idk, still a noob) what would be the best place to learn about music theory that focused on guitar?

Or should I just sign up for guitar lessons?

Get some lessons, and/or take a class.

Then "info" on the internet can be used as a supplement.

This is what I would consider to be the "best" way to go about learning theory.

Remember it takes time, and you need a certain amount of experience with music to get the most out of it. Being able to read standard notation is hugely beneficial in this regard..... and generally expected from reputable teachers.
shred is gaudy music
Well I live in a fairly small city and we only really have one guitar teacher person. I've been in band for 5 years, so I understand the general concept of it.
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
Take a class. It will take you 3x as long to learn and apply concepts by yourself. Classroom environments are perfect for learning music theory.