I'm looking to get my first electric guitar, I've spotted this one I like, and it's in my price range. (It's hard to find one that I like, since I'm a left handed player)

http://www.thomann.de/ie/ibanez_grg170dxl_wh_lefthand.htm

I'm not sure what I should be looking for, but I've heard that IBanez are good guitars, and I like the look of it.

Is it a good guitar overall though?

cheers,

Kevin

(also does anyone recommend something better in the price range under 300 euro, that deliver to Ireland, cheers)
Last edited by KevinBoland at Sep 15, 2009,
I'd love to help but...
bad link

edit: nevermind
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by justinb904
I'd love to help but...
bad link

I fixed the link dude, sorry about that.
That is a good guitar but we have some questions.

1. Budget?
2. Styles of music?
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
Quote by eteam_sammy4him
That is a good guitar but we have some questions.

1. Budget?
2. Styles of music?

I'm sort of new to guitar, but I'm going to have to learn.

A few bands that I like (I've yet to listen to alot of them, but I really enjoy fast guitar songs) radiohead, cold-play, Metalica, Nirvana, Greenday and many more.

and budget is 300 euro max
as far as i can tell, it looks like a pretty good guitar for the price
GRG's are pretty good beginner guitars
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by KevinBoland
I'm sort of new to guitar, but I'm going to have to learn.

A few bands that I like (I've yet to listen to alot of them, but I really enjoy fast guitar songs) radiohead, cold-play, Metalica, Nirvana, Greenday and many more.

and budget is 300 euro max

Ok, well, that will be a good guitar then. If you could save a little more, I would go with an RG series, but for your style, just starting guitar, you should be fine.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural

Mesa Single Rec
Quote by justinb904
as far as i can tell, it looks like a pretty good guitar for the price
GRG's are pretty good beginner guitars

Would I be better off putting a little more money into it and getting a better guitar which isint classified as 'beginner' and can grow into?
Quote by eteam_sammy4him
Ok, well, that will be a good guitar then. If you could save a little more, I would go with an RG series, but for your style, just starting guitar, you should be fine.

I have looked up an RG and sceems a little steep but I may have a think about it,

433 euro for one.
Quote by KevinBoland
I have looked up an RG and sceems a little steep but I may have a think about it,

433 euro for one.

RG's are good guitars. I've looked at them on many an occasion.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural

Mesa Single Rec
Quote by KevinBoland
I fixed the link dude, sorry about that.

dunno what to say man, i have played a few Gios and i personally think they suck massively

try used???

might i suggest this page??

http://instruments.shop.ebay.com/Guitar-/3858/i.html?LH_PrefLoc=2&_nkw=Left+handed+guitar&_catref=1&_dmpt=Guitar&_fln=1&_trksid=p4999.c0.m282
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
The RG321 is probably better and you won't grow out of it too fast and should be in your budget range ($300 US)... I don't know if they do a lefty though.
GRGs are not bad, good for beginners, so buy one.
"Buckethead is probably twice as good a guitar player as me and Slash combined, and can stand having fried chicken rubbed up against his face all night for a couple of hours." - Dave Mustaine
Usually buying an Ibanez starting with the letter "G" isn't a smart move. RG's are known for a far better quality for the slightly higher price. Also pickups and hardware would probably be better in the long run.

But yeah, an Ibanez would be a great starter guitar.
Quote by KevinBoland
I'm looking to get my first electric guitar, I've spotted this one I like, and it's in my price range. (It's hard to find one that I like, since I'm a left handed player)

http://www.thomann.de/ie/ibanez_grg170dxl_wh_lefthand.htm

I'm not sure what I should be looking for, but I've heard that IBanez are good guitars, and I like the look of it.

Is it a good guitar overall though?

cheers,

Kevin

(also does anyone recommend something better in the price range under 300 euro, that deliver to Ireland, cheers)

I'm a lefty and I play guitar right-handed. I suggest you learn it right handed. it will make your life much easier. Besides I never understood why they call it right handed, since aside form difficult picking in shred, the left does more work than the right hand. IMO it take more coordination to fret a chord than to strum.
Quote by Evil_Magician
Get the pink one.

Perforation of women guaranteed.
Quote by Zmatt
I'm a lefty and I play guitar right-handed. I suggest you learn it right handed. it will make your life much easier. Besides I never understood why they call it right handed, since aside form difficult picking in shred, the left does more work than the right hand. IMO it take more coordination to fret a chord than to strum.

I started playing guitar like a year ago with a teacher, so it would be hard to switch hands at this stage, should have done it from the start,

is this the cheapest I can get an RG? http://www.thomann.de/ie/ibanez_rg370dxlbk_lefthand_egitarre.htm
636.030 USD
Last edited by KevinBoland at Sep 16, 2009,
As I began to serously play guitar in a band I bought an Ibanez GRG170DX in Black.(righthand version, for sure.)

Now, that's two years ago and I still play it in bands and for gigs (without backup).
It has never let me down and has a wonderful tone, and many sound options.

Well, sure its a REAL beginner guitar, and compared to a Gibson or a Fender it will fall, but for a good start it's great.