I've finally gotten myself into a blues rock band, but I have to keep my one guitar in drop B for my other band... so can y'all recommend me a good blues/rock/funk guitar for under $1000? I hate asking like this, I prefer to go out and try them, but for research purposes, I wondered what you all would think.

So?

Thanks in advance.
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
I think a Strat is calling your name. Used American or a nicer MIM can fit in that budget.
get a strat
think bout SRV and Frusciante
funky and bluesy strat players
this signature has my gear in it. nothing more, nothing less

Gear
Ibanez S770PB
Jackson Rhoads
Custom Strat
Agile Al 3100
Rainbow Music Shop Custom Les Paul
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Spider III
Ya, I've been thinking strat, only problem is I dont really like the necks, except on the SRV strat... I guess I could just get one and replace it with one of those necks later.
Quote by magnus_maximus

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
There's a bunch of different Strat neck shapes. I'd go play a bunch and see what you think. Personally I don't like the modern C shaped necks on the MIAs currently but I love the V neck on my American Deluxe.
What do you all think of the PRS Paul Allender? I really like its neck, what do you all think of the sound and the construction?
Quote by magnus_maximus

Quote by Albino_Rhino
If you like its feel then do it! Any guitar can do blues and rock. They dont affect the tone that much. You and the amp are the tone. and maybe the pups.... >>.>>
Quote by racman92
What do you all think of the PRS Paul Allender? I really like its neck, what do you all think of the sound and the construction?

It's a pretty good guitar. The pickups aren't that great for those styles. But it's under your budget so you can get something more suitable and maybe add coil taps. But in all honesty, any guitar will work fine. Just get something that feels good. If John Frusciante and SRV played Les Pauls instead of Strats, we would see those as the perfect guitar for those genres. They created they're own style and tone, there's nothing wrong with doing that yourself. I use my RG for all genres even though I also have a strat. Just play what ever is most comfortable since most guitars won't sound bad, just different. And there's nothing wrong with being different.
I must agree with everyone else. If you're asking for a guitar that can be clean enough for funk and dirty enough for rock then you needn't look further than a Fender Strat.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
I'm probs gonna go with the PRS, and switch out the pups, probably for wilde twin blades. I would go strat, but Fender jacked their prices since I first started looking. The SRV strat used to be 1500, now it 2000!!!
Quote by magnus_maximus

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Stratocaster by far.

That bluesy tone will blow you away.
And then you can turn it up and rock of course.