I just got my ENGL Powerball today, but Channel 2(aka soft lead/high lead) makes this crazy noise, almost like feedback. Luckily I had a spare 12ax7, so I went through and checked each preamp tube by replacing it with my spare. This didn't help. So now, I've got a brand new amp that doesn't work on the second channel. Any one have any idea what the problem is?
Quote by Pyrofretnic
I just got my ENGL Powerball today, but Channel 2(aka soft lead/high lead) makes this crazy noise, almost like feedback. Luckily I had a spare 12ax7, so I went through and checked each preamp tube by replacing it with my spare. This didn't help. So now, I've got a brand new amp that doesn't work on the second channel. Any one have any idea what the problem is?

Did you buy it used? How much did you pay?

If you did go used, you were sold a faulty amp. If you bought it from a store, go back now.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
I bought it used for 1200. If no one else comes through and offers a solution that fixes the problem, I'm gonna contact the guy that sold it to me.
Contact him either way, charging 1200 for an amp and it not working WITHOUT you knowing is a disgrace.
Best of luck fixing BTW.
Yes, Channel 1 works perfectly, and sounds amazing. When you say patch cord, what cable are you refferring to?
Well the cable works fine. And like I said, its only channel 2(both modes) that does it. Both channel 1 modes work fine.
I tried a friends Powerball before i purchased this one, but I couldn't find one for sale locally. Trying this particular one wasnt an option.

EDIT: I tried switching the preamp tubes again, and I noticed that one of them isn't lighting up no matter what tube I put in it. Earlier, it was lighting up, but dimmer than the others. This give anyone any clues?
Last edited by Pyrofretnic at Sep 15, 2009,