Well, I started reading the book Clockwork Orange (I got the version with the 21st chapter, which is actually a rarity in the U.S.), and I honestly can't understand it. I get the vague idea of what the kids saying, but not much more. Does it get clearer as you go, or is there somewhere I should go to check out what I should know before reading it?
Some copies have the Nadsat dictionary in the back. If not, look online. I managed to get through it without any problems, it was all horrorshow.
Last edited by filthandfury at Sep 15, 2009,
Great book
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
There should be a glossary of terms in the back, but you should get the picture just reading through. Try looking at the context of the sentence if you dont get it
"Oh, if i could kidnap that feeling, the one that melts all fears from your mind."
Quote by Babbs

i thought you meant there was some ancient indian spirit named desi who would come and haunt me during my trip.
You'll understand it the more you read it.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
If your version doesnt have the Dictionary, just search a bit online for a list of translations. Sure at the beginning you will be glancing back, but after a while you learn it and read it perfectly. Quite Horrorshow I must add.
come and get one in the yarbles

if you have any yarbles, ya yewnic jelly thou

whats not to understand?!?
Don't spend all the time trying to translate every word, you won't get a good immersion.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Read through it to gain an understanding of the vocabulary. He repeats many of the words since they're supposed to be fashionable contemporary slang, so it's quite easy to figure them out contextually.

Stick with it though; it's a great book.
Yes, I use a Squier bass.

Quote by ccam555
0/10.

- Looking to improve this somewhat.
Quote by lucertia.
come and get one in the yarbles

if you have any yarbles, ya yewnic jelly thou

whats not to understand?!?

How about (from page 5) "He looked a malenky bit poogly when he viddied the four of us like that,".
Quote by herby190

How about (from page 5) "He looked a malenky bit poogly when he viddied the four of us like that,".

He looked a little bit scared when he saw the four of us like that.