i have a dean razorback and its awsome but the pickups suck so i was gonna get some emg 81 81's but the heard dimebuckers were pretty awsome on razorbacks... i need some help frome someone who knows what would be better
Dimebuckers are squeal-y and more versatile than the EMG's, but if you play metal, EMG's are better IMO. But some players prefer passive over active. Go to GC and play guitars with both, and take your pick.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Do you have a tube amp? If not, skip the actives.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Don't get either, actives are overrated unless that's the exact sound you're looking for and there are many infinitely better passive pickups out there such as just about any set of Bare Knuckles
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
What came with it originally? My dean FBD ML came with the Dimebucker, and I swapped them out for an 81/60 combo, and I couldn't be happier! Id go for the EMG's if your going to be playing metal. And if you aren't neither of those pickups will be very good. Id check out a JB/59 combo maybe.
Active___ better to have good stack
Passive___ sounds better on lil amps or cranked up super squeally on a bigger set up
Depending on the amp... If you have the tubes go for the EMG 81-85 combo- it really is a classic. Did you check out Seymour Duncan Blackouts too? Those are active pups, but they bring out more of your guitars tone than the EMGs will.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
http://wildepickups.com/
Check out the Twinblades on that site. They're the masterpiece that the Dimebuckers are modeled after.
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Yep, Wildes are excellent or listen to the samples at IronGear. Brilliant pups for a fraction of the price of most brands.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x