I was playing my guitar standing up and I got distracted by something on T.V. so I took my hands off of it & just let it hang there. A couple of seconds later the strap gave out for some reason & it just fell to the floor. It sounded like it fell pretty hard too. When I picked it up the high-e string came out of place & the bottom of the neck had a crack about 2 1/2 inches long. The string comes out of tune easily. I'm really sad now, Is there a way to get it fixed? It's an Epiphone Les Paul. Can I send it in to Epipone or Gibson so they can fix it? Please help me.
A good song should make you wanna tap your foot and get with your girl. A great song should destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs. I'm only interested in writing great songs.
Sorry man, that sucks. The strap was probably twisted at the button. Possibly fixable, Post a pic of the crack if you can.
ive dropped an epiphone plenty of times and noting that serious has ever happend, what model les paul?
Quote by Guitar Skater
ive dropped an epiphone plenty of times and noting that serious has ever happend, what model les paul?

It was made in June 2008. It's a Les paul, the thing is, I didn't buy it a dealer. I got it at a pawn shop.
A good song should make you wanna tap your foot and get with your girl. A great song should destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs. I'm only interested in writing great songs.
Quote by Tempoe
Sorry man, that sucks. The strap was probably twisted at the button. Possibly fixable, Post a pic of the crack if you can.

Sorry for the double post but my camera was dead so I'm charging it as we speak
Quote by ♣♠24 Fret♠♣
yea i did that with my friend's dad's 1974 Gibson SG.

It didnt break but i almost had a heart attack.

our sigs seem to contradict...

That sucks dude. The neck is cracked? That's terrible. Post a pic of it
Too late but next time Straplocks!! Cost under $20.00
It's tough to learn the hard way.
Moving on.....
I got a picture! Look its terrible.
Attachments:
DSC05717.JPG
WHoa! Yeah I have an Epiphone Les Paul and My strap buttons become slighty more unscrewed everyday so I constantly need to keep screwing them in but I have Strap locks so the strap doesnt come loose. I think all Epiphone Les Pauls have this problem
Does anyone know how I can send to get it fixed? Can a local repair shop do it?

Another pic too. My last one.
Attachments:
DSC05718.JPG
Quote by McBaino
WHoa! Yeah I have an Epiphone Les Paul and My strap buttons become slighty more unscrewed everyday so I constantly need to keep screwing them in but I have Strap locks so the strap doesnt come loose. I think all Epiphone Les Pauls have this problem

No true my epi les paul 100 works beautifully nothing comes loose ever (except the input jack washer but thats nothing and easily fixable, im just lazy)
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
well my friend, i do believe you are out of luck, or at least very low on it. You wont be able to send it to epiphone since you bought it from a pawn shop. You can try and find someone that repairs guitars in your area, just make sure you get a quote before they fix it, and if its an outrageous price (couple hundred or so) then invest in a new guitar.

actually, come to think of it, is the neck bolt-on? If it is you should be able to buy a new neck and put it on.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Looks like a "clean" crack (ie, no splinters all over the place). Will it close up clean if you clamp it? If so, you can carefully try to get some good wood glue in there then clamp it tight to dry for a couple days. So long as there isn't chunks missing or pieces falling off, it should be a relatively simple repair.
My Stuff:
Austin Strat Copy - Lefty
(New and Improved with Bill Lawrence 290/280 Pickups)
MIM Telecaster - Lefty
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
TS-9 with a few mods
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah
Quote by SwamperGene
Looks like a "clean" crack (ie, no splinters all over the place). Will it close up clean if you clamp it? If so, you can carefully try to get some good wood glue in there then clamp it tight to dry for a couple days. So long as there isn't chunks missing or pieces falling off, it should be a relatively simple repair.

Do this. Use Titebond Original ONLY. This should be a pretty easy fix, because it broke very clean. You will have to bend it open a little, but if you have to you can use a syringe or something to pump the glue in. Get as much contact with the glue as you can. Then clamp it as said and leave it for a few days.you will then have to sand it to even it out and then do some area finish repair.
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Quote by racman92
Do this. Use Titebond Original ONLY. This should be a pretty easy fix, because it broke very clean. You will have to bend it open a little, but if you have to you can use a syringe or something to pump the glue in. Get as much contact with the glue as you can. Then clamp it as said and leave it for a few days.you will then have to sand it to even it out and then do some area finish repair.

Thanks guys. That really helped. I told my mom if I can take it to a shop & she got frustrated. I'll try the glue. You guys really helped me, I love my guitar and I was having a panic attack. Seriously.
^As he said. Should be a relatively easy repair, but if you don't feel comfortable doing it then I would have someone you trust with woodworking to take care of it.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Xanron
Thanks guys. That really helped. I told my mom if I can take it to a shop & she got frustrated. I'll try the glue. You guys really helped me, I love my guitar and I was having a panic attack. Seriously.

Personally, its an easy fix, but a shop will butt rape you for it.
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.