I'm applying to an Audio institute. And it's very expensive. But after I get the diploma will it be easy to get a job in the recording industry ?
it will be easier to get an internship.

it also depends on the job you want.

do well, make connections, prove you're a hard worker, and it might be a little easier.

what school btw? if you dont mind me asking...
Should be easier.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
I'm currently studying @ a sound institute here in the uk and my advice would be to make nice with as many people in the industry, big or small and when you leave with a degree/diploma, you should find work easier to come by through connections you already made. I have found work is thin but pays well, you just have to keep your neck above the bedroom soundies =)
no, the school will help a little with contacts and internships and such, but it won't be easy at all.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I'm going to SAE by the way. That sux cause I'm not too good with social skills. But does the diploma at least guarantee an internship? Is it really worth it?
Last edited by scarlet20 at Sep 15, 2009,
nothing guarantees you an internship. even if you get one, there's nothing to say they cant kick you out on your second day there.

i'm at SAE myself. it's a pretty kickin' school. a lot of money, yes, but seems to be worth it to me. granted, i'm still in there and dont know what the job situation will be like when i get out.

social skills are wonderful to have, but if you're not a huge people person, dont worry about it. everyone else is going to be friendly cause they'll drill into you that you should make as many friends as you can so you'll have good connections down the line. it makes it a lot easier if everyone's doing the same thing.
Also, show them you're a hard worker and thinker, and they'll have something good to say about you when you're looking around for jobs.
Quote by sandyman323
nothing guarantees you an internship. even if you get one, there's nothing to say they cant kick you out on your second day there.

i'm at SAE myself. it's a pretty kickin' school. a lot of money, yes, but seems to be worth it to me. granted, i'm still in there and dont know what the job situation will be like when i get out.

social skills are wonderful to have, but if you're not a huge people person, dont worry about it. everyone else is going to be friendly cause they'll drill into you that you should make as many friends as you can so you'll have good connections down the line. it makes it a lot easier if everyone's doing the same thing.
Also, show them you're a hard worker and thinker, and they'll have something good to say about you when you're looking around for jobs.

Could you tell me what type of questions are on the entrance Exam? Please
the entrance exam is nothing to worry about. i really dont remember what all's on it actually... just your basic school stuff to make sure you graduated from middle school. it's not hard.
I think that if you are truly dedicated, and are willing to do everything you can to get a job, you will. However there are way more audio engineering students then there are jobs ATM...
Quote by Tombe
With pedals you can throw your guitar down for an impromptu pedal drone solo, whereas if you did that on a rack it would just look like you were programming your washing machine.
Quote by GisleAune
If you have any samples of skills to show, it could be easier to get a job.

I don't think any decent studio owner gives a damn what qualifications you've got: it's all about the experience and previous work.

A course like SAE is a great way to gain experience, but in terms of achievement you can accomplish just as much at home, self-taught.