alright i have a epiphone les paul custom, use standard tuning 99% of the time, i use D'Addario blues/jazz rock strings (a .011-0.49)

my A string (5th string) keeps on breaking... i break it once a week at least.. i play heavy metal and hard rock usually if that has anything to do with it.

how can i reduce the amount of A strings i break and is there something wrong with my guitar?
RAW POWER
Check if there are any sharp spots on the bridge or nut, that could be causing it too brek.
Try to see if you got sharp saddles. And sand them down if you do. Not a whole lot, just enough to round out the sharp parts.

EDIT: ^ Beat me to it..
Quote by Cejis33
alright i have a epiphone les paul custom, use standard tuning 99% of the time, i use D'Addario blues/jazz rock strings (a .011-0.49)

my A string (5th string) keeps on breaking... i break it once a week at least.. i play heavy metal and hard rock usually if that has anything to do with it.

how can i reduce the amount of A strings i break and is there something wrong with my guitar?

why?
Quote by O.O Meow O.O
jazz string isnt that great for metal

Im pretty sure that the name is just a reference to the string gauge. I could be wrong, but im pretty sure. That particular set of strings is very popular among hard rock guitarist.
ANSWER THIS IMPORTANT QUESTION NOW: which part of the string keeps breaking??

is it the area where the bridge is? the area that the nut is? or right at the end where the tuners are?
umm the string usually breaks just below the pickups, above the bridge and ya they are pretty popular in hard rock
RAW POWER