I hate them, personally. It's ugly, heavy, unwieldy, and did I mention ugly? I found the necks to be very uncomfortable as well, but that's entirely a matter of opinion.

But, there won't be any quality control issues, and you can be sure that if you decide on it, you won't be replacing it soon. You definitely need to give it a try.
Just to contrast the post above, I have the 675 and love it. I only wish I could get the sr tone and btb feel/look in the same bass...
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
I have a BTB455. Not a super Bass freak since this is the first Bass that I've bought myself. But I think it's pretty awesome. Kinda heavy though which sucks.
Guitars
· Ibanez PF · Washburn WG-248 · Ibanez S520Ex
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
thanks for the opinions still if anyone else has any input that would be nice. sound wise what would u guys say. and yeah it is pretty ugly but i have heard good things about ibanez basses and the ones i have played sound pretty good. also i currently have a godin freeway 4 string and i really like the sound of this bass its really smooth if anyone has played both the freeway and the ibanez 575 could u plz contrast. and sorry i dont live very close to any guitar centers so i am not able to do this myself. thanks again
I got one. I love it. Great EQ right on the bass, 2 active pickups..

Sure its heavy.. so what? Man up. I can dial in just about an tone I want from this bass, its so versatile.

BTB FTW
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
I always thought the BTB's felt a bit odd, due to the body shape and the weight. Sit down with it first. You can pretty much guarantee that it will be a quality instrument if it's comfortable to you.
Hi.
One thing about the BTB is that it has a really wide string spacing. Could make it easier to play if you're used to a 4 string, but could make it tougher to fret faster sections. Some people like it, some people don't. I would recommend getting your hands on at least one BTB model before you make your purchase.
Schecter Hellraiser V1 / Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 / Gallien Krueger 400RB / Hartke Transporter 4x10 / Digitech BP200 / Pod Studio GX
Quote by Mephysteaux
One thing about the BTB is that it has a really wide string spacing. Could make it easier to play if you're used to a 4 string, but could make it tougher to fret faster sections. Some people like it, some people don't. I would recommend getting your hands on at least one BTB model before you make your purchase.

The wide string spacing and the curve at the bottem of the neck are to accomodate for artists that like to slap.

With more space between the strings, there is more space for slapping and popping, making it a bit easier.

I will admit though, this took some getting use to. I messed up alot the first 2 months or so slapping on this bass before I got use to the string spacing. Now im spoiled and dont want anything else.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Quote by Vypor
I got one. I love it. Great EQ right on the bass, 2 active pickups..

Sure its heavy.. so what? Man up. I can dial in just about an tone I want from this bass, its so versatile.

BTB FTW

i feel the same way my godin is pretty heavy too but it sounds really good and thanks for your input man.
Quote by Vypor
The wide string spacing and the curve at the bottem of the neck are to accomodate for artists that like to slap.

With more space between the strings, there is more space for slapping and popping, making it a bit easier.

I will admit though, this took some getting use to. I messed up alot the first 2 months or so slapping on this bass before I got use to the string spacing. Now im spoiled and dont want anything else.

I'm actually wondering which one between the BTB and the SR (and the SRX ^^) would be the best...
It's hard to say by trying it out, I'm using a 4string right now, and therefor used to a wider string spacing -> closer to the BTB
but that's not a "fair" comparing, I'd need to use the SR for a few weeks to get used to it...

so, what's your opinion?

(oh, and about the SRX, high string setup? just why? )
I own a SR(sound gear) as well and I love it to.

My SR's string spacing isnt as wide as the BTB's though. Neither is the neck, its much thinner.

Thier both good basses. I play both of them. The SR I own is about 5 years old though.

You can play faster on it becuase the necks thinner and the strings arent as wide apart, as stated before. Its not as heavy ethier. I just see my SR as a rockout bass. I dont really ever have to worry about messing it up or anything.

The main thing I love about the BTB though is the bridge.

If you notice, there really isnt a bridge. Every string has its own individual saddle. The reasoning behind this is when you pluck a string on a bass with a bridge, the strings vibrations will make the bridge vibrate, there for you get interference with the rest of your strings if your plucking to hard.

Since the BTB has individual saddles, the only thing you ever hear is the string your playing.