Logic would tell me that Plantation Mahogany is grown in a plantation and African Mahogany is grown in Africa, haha.
Quote by blizzboy
Logic would tell me that Plantation Mahogany is grown in a plantation and African Mahogany is grown in Africa, haha.
I got that far

Tonal differences?
Quote by 1nSingularity
I got that far

Tonal differences?

Probably nothing unless you're Eric Johnson.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
If it's the same species of mahogany ('plantation' says nothing about the species) then there's no reason for it to sound different other than of course, every piece of wood sounds different anyway.

However, there are many species of wood that people call 'mahogany', and they do sound more consistently different - some of them barely sound any different to ash, for example, which is vastly different to the traditional tone we associate with mahogany.
So try and get the actual name of the species that is this 'plantation mahogany', then we can give you more info.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.