So I recently started trying the Dunlop Big Stubby picks out. For the most part I really love them, but I do have one problem; the edge of my pick is getting raggedy (I don't know how else to describe it). It's making it harder to cut through the strings, and making an unpleasant and overpowering scrape sound every time I pick. This started happening after about an hour of use the very first time I started using it. I'm used to normal pick wear, but this seems like it's different. Has anyone had this experience with these picks or any other kind?
I should add that I'm using 10-46 gauge DR Dimebag strings on both guitars.
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I have the same picks.
What size big stubbys?
3.00 mm?

Ah, I should have mentioned that as well. I'm using the 2.00 mm
I tried the 2.0 mm ones a long time ago. I had the same problem. The edges would get rough and sort of frayed, and the picks would break rather quickly.

They're nice picks for an hour, but after that, they aren't worth the money, if you're tough on picks.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62
I tried the 2.0 mm ones a long time ago. I had the same problem. The edges would get rough and sort of frayed, and the picks would break rather quickly.

They're nice picks for an hour, but after that, they aren't worth the money, if you're tough on picks.

Darn. I really like the size of the pick as well as the fine tip that allows for precision, so I don't want to give them up. Any experience with the 3.00 mm, and if they have the same problem?
Bump, can anybody help me with this? All the reviews I read on this pick are glowing and for the most part I can see why, but this issue is really driving me mad. I don't want to have to change picks though, as I really love these. Please, any help?
i use the 1mm without any issue, we must pick differently.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I'm not sure what the issue still is. You tried the picks, they don't work for you. Sounds like you need to move on to different picks, or just spend a fortune on ones you like.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...