Alright, here's the deal I've been playing guitar for about 6 months now, an I really enjoy it, and want to stick with it, recently decided, I wouldn't mind getting a better guitar, so that I can jam with friends and not feel quite as impoverished, and then have good enough gear to be a decent player by the time I'm in college, 4 months away.

At the moment, I have a Fender Squier ''Bullet'' Stratocaster, and the guitar I've been eyeing off is a Chinese made Tokai, an SG43 to be exact.
I'm just wondering, if this would be a worthwhile upgrade because, though I have heard Tokai are a pretty good roll for second or even third guitar, the Chinese made side of it does make me a bit cautious. The RRP for the guitar is around $700.00 Australian, but I've been offered it much cheaper, with it only a couple of months old.

If I do get this guitar, how much should I be paying for it, and most of all, will I be happy with the purchase?
That seems like a lot for that guitar?...oh wait I don't know the austrailian conversion...lol

What's wrong with your squier buller strat? What kind of amp do you got?

If the guitar stays in tune and plays decent maybe look into an amp purchase those squiers are cheap I know but their not that bad...theirs worse...
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
I'm unsure on this but I'm pretty sure it's a Marshall MG-10, again, nothing special. With Amps I'm pretty much set because majority of my playing is done either, at where I get guitar lessons, at school, or at friends houses, and they're all set up so when I'm playing at home I'm not too fussed what I play through, I more just need a guitar that, isn't going to cost me an arm and a leg but will be a good purchase which I'll be able to play contentedly for 2 - 3 years abouts.

So yeah, Amps, tempting yes, but like, I've played around on one of my friends Red Dot, and had a fiddle with a few Epiphones and a Telecaster, and you can just, yeah the improvement is so ridiculously noticeable.
I'm not even sure if I will buy it yet, I'm just not sure how long the offer will be there so I want an idea if it's worthwhile for a beginner.
If you've researched it and you think its cool go for it...I don't know anything about it honestly sorry...

You may wanna go to a guitar shop and try all the guitars in your price range first...try to get one that feels right...you may order that guitar and start playing it and you may hate it...never know...

You could upgrade to a better squier if you like the feel of the strat? Its up to you

or,I know a bunch of people are gonna say no but if your guitar is playable and stays in tune maybe upgrade the pickups?....

The marshall mg isn't the greatest amp but if you can tell a noticable difference with other guitars through it then its the guitar not the amp...
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think