someone told me that it would sound like **** going through that but im only going to use it as a speaker, so is he right? lol
Quote by Shelbones01
someone told me that it would sound like **** going through that but im only going to use it as a speaker, so is he right? lol

Broadly speaking, yes, the MGs don't take pedals and such very well at all.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
If you're getting the Pod to output directly just to the MG's speaker then it'll be fine.
If you're putting the Pod through the MG itself, it'll be crap.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
If you're getting the Pod to output directly just to the MG's speaker then it'll be fine.
If you're putting the Pod through the MG itself, it'll be crap.

how do you put it through as a speaker and not the amp? lol
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Broadly speaking, yes, the MGs don't take pedals and such very well at all.

lol, MGs dont take guitars very well...

but it wont necessarily sound terrible. It may sound very digital though.
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Quote by racman92
lol, MGs dont take guitars very well...

but it wont necessarily sound terrible. It may sound very digital though.

what do you mean digital lol.... like i'd need a description for that hahah
Idk how to describe it... I guess it would sound shallow, a lot of bite, no depth or personality to the sound... wow, tone is hard to describe.
Quote by magnus_maximus

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Quote by racman92
Idk how to describe it... I guess it would sound shallow, a lot of bite, no depth or personality to the sound... wow, tone is hard to describe.

hahah hard to dial into to... or maybe just cause i have a weak amp lol... back to what that guy said instead of running it into the amp run it into the speaker ... how do you do that
Wouldn't work, you would need a power amp, and I guess the pod could be your preamp, at that point you dont even need the MG, just a cab.
Quote by magnus_maximus

Quote by Albino_Rhino
There should be, at the back of an amp, a cable running directly from the speaker and plugging into a jack marked 'speaker output' or something similar. What you would do is unplug the speaker there, and take that cable and plug it into the Pod instead (if the Pod has the right kind of jack for that to be plugged into). This way you are only using the speaker and the Pod becomes the amplifier, whereas if you plug the Pod into the front of the MG (like you would with a guitar) then the MG is still the amp, and the Pod is just like an effects unit then, which will sound terrible.

edit: this is hypothetical since I don't know if all the Pod models can be used as an amp in this way, I believe there are a couple of models that can but I don't know which specific ones.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
There should be, at the back of an amp, a cable running directly from the speaker and plugging into a jack marked 'speaker output' or something similar. What you would do is unplug the speaker there, and take that cable and plug it into the Pod instead (if the Pod has the right kind of jack for that to be plugged into). This way you are only using the speaker and the Pod becomes the amplifier, whereas if you plug the Pod into the front of the MG (like you would with a guitar) then the MG is still the amp, and the Pod is just like an effects unit then, which will sound terrible.

edit: this is hypothetical since I don't know if all the Pod models can be used as an amp in this way, I believe there are a couple of models that can but I don't know which specific ones.

theirs nothing there just the wires from the speaker to the preamp and the power
Quote by MrFlibble

I have a POD X3 Live and I'm pretty positive this will not work. By all means, try it, but I dont believe the PODs have enough output to run a speaker. The pod is just an elaborate effects pedal and you cant run a pedal into a speaker and get sound.
Quote by magnus_maximus

Quote by Albino_Rhino
The output probably runs straight to the circuit board, in which case that idea wont work anyway.
Quote by magnus_maximus

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Yeah, I figured the Pod might have problems with it. I'd swear I'd heard of one model working but eh.

And yup, if that's the back of the amp then it won't work, the speaker doesn't look like it can be disconnected. So the only way it will work is to use the Pod just like any other effect pedal and plug in through the amp normally, which will sound simply terrible.
ah well i guess i could just save up for an amp and pedals hahah, all i really need is a descent amp i guess but i'll still be a little mad about not having the perfect tone but idk if thats a bad thing lol, anybody know a good amp for a bluesy hard rock player haha (slash, clapton, hendrix, page, angus young, stuff like that)
save up for a tube amp, it will sound better than (almost) any SS you run a pod through.
Quote by magnus_maximus

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Quote by racman92
save up for a tube amp, it will sound better than (almost) any SS you run a pod through.

yeah i know but what kind hahah, i was thinking marshall like them but maybe theirs a better one thats not marshall and cheaper hahah
Quote by racman92

I love how everyone automatically assumes tube amps are better for everything.

TS, what you need is a solid state power amp you can plug your POD into and a speaker cabinet.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
You'll be better off if you play the POD through a good PA.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz