I currently have Ernie Ball .9-.42 slinky on my Laguna LE122. I have noticed that after only a few weeks, the have started to corrode. I don't change my strings a lot (every couple months) but the kind i had before the Ernie's lasted a lot longer. I think they were DX's. Wat kind of strings do u reccomend? and wat gauge? (i'm always trying new gauges). I'm thinking of going for .10-.46. I play mostly metal and hard rock
Gear:
Alesis Multimix 8 USB 2.0
Alesis DM6
Two Colling's acoustics (my dad's)
Ibanez SoundGear bass
Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
Ovation 12-string (also dad's)
Sony 5.1 system
Seasonal weather changes, air pressure/humidity. It's more damp in the air, so they corrode more quickly.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
If you want them to last longer, try wiping off the strings when you are done playing. It will keep the sweat and grime from your fingers continuing to eat away at them even when you are done playing.
Satan. Grant this man the gift of revenge against his foes at the Food Network.
I use Ernie Ball .09's. I think they're great, I change them every couple of months.

And ya, they will last longer if you wipe them down after you're done playing.
i used ernie ball strings once but didnt like them because they wore out quickly, if you want strings that will last buy some dr's they have some types that have anti corrosion stuff on them, they're a little more expensive but they last for a long time
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Acid sweat..... Look into Elixirs if you have a problem with the corroding quickly.
Quote by thrasher.
Acid sweat..... Look into Elixirs if you have a problem with the corroding quickly.

Or if you want to pay $20 bucks for a pack of strings even though you don't play bass.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
Or if you want to pay $20 bucks for a pack of strings even though you don't play bass.

They're $10 where I go. Same with Cleartones, which is what I use. It's not alot when they last 4-5 weeks where normal strings last me 2 weeks max.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by Led Dirigible
I've always found Ernie Ball strings to be the fastest to wear out. I use D'Addario .10-.46's, but with a wound G

thats exactly wat i was thinking of getting. wat genres do u play?
Gear:
Alesis Multimix 8 USB 2.0
Alesis DM6
Two Colling's acoustics (my dad's)
Ibanez SoundGear bass
Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
Ovation 12-string (also dad's)
Sony 5.1 system
Different string brands respond to your body chemistry differently. What lasts long for me might not last long for you.
Go to GC and buy 3 or 4 brands in your gauge. It shouldn't cost too much and you'll need new strings eventually anyway.