Page 1 of 2
Anyone else agree that they may be the best Metalcore band out there? Maybe not the best but they're pretty talented, and they come up with some great riffs and solos. The intro to "The Venom Inside" is pretty sick, and then when they start riffin they make a whammy bar dip, which just makes it even more awesome.

So...any Chimaira fans out there.
Wow, don't be a douche about it. You're the one in the wrong.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I think a thread hijack is in order since there's a new Chimaira thread every month. I would like to use my authority as a level 12 hardcore kid and regular on this forum to make this thread about the mythological beast, the Chimera. These music threads about nu-metalcore bands get divisive, but I think we can all agree that the animal Chimera is bad-ass.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimera_(mythology)

Thoughts?
Quote by JxD
I think a thread hijack is in order since there's a new Chimaira thread every month. I would like to use my authority as a level 12 hardcore kid and regular on this forum to make this thread about the mythological beast, the Chimera. These music threads about nu-metalcore bands get divisive, but I think we can all agree that the animal Chimera is bad-ass.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimera_(mythology)

Thoughts?

Didn't you get the memo? Calling yourself hardcore automatically makes you not hardcore

Quote by JxD
Once you pass level 10 you can refer to yourself as such, but you need a ton of experience to level up that high.

He's right. I'm a measly level 3, so I'm not allowed to call myself hardcore yet.
I put too many skill points into my "nu-metalcore" skill tree. =/

On the bright side I can now equip tight pants and a scene fringe.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
The only thing holding me back is my investment of points into the pop punk skill set, but it's starting to pay off now that certain bands are blending genres. If I can defeat the two-headed jaguars I might be able to gain access to a straightener. Then all of my problems will be over.
Once I level up to 13 I can get an edge tattoo, but first I have to cover Firestorm by Earth Crisis in front of the Straight Edge Hardcore council. Level 13 allows me to chastise people for breaking edge and I can slap beers out of kids hands without feeling bad.
Quote by JxD
Once I level up to 13 I can get an edge tattoo, but first I have to cover Firestorm by Earth Crisis in front of the Straight Edge Hardcore council. Level 13 allows me to chastise people for breaking edge and I can slap beers out of kids hands without feeling bad.

Reminds me of this edge kid I know of that brags about pissing on people's weed when they're not looking and tries beating up kids that smoke/drink. His hxc level must be >9000
OH **** LEVEL UP!

What should I spend the skill point on? I'm leaning towards the spinkick but my two step could be stronger...
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
JxD, this is now the best thread ever.

I levelled up to Level 9 today, i was sitting on the bus listening to some of Throwdown's early stuff, and found myself 'milling in my seat - bystanders were not amused.

I'm using the skillpoint on my jog-on-the-spot skills (an alternative to two-stepping), raising that to a 7.5.
To become level 10 you have to have been in at least three bands and you need to have traveled out of town at least three hours to see a show. You need to be able to list at least 20 obscure bands that people haven't heard of since 1995 off the top of your head as well. At least that's what I have to do in my character choice "Straight-edge hardcore kid."
Quote by JxD
To become level 10 you have to have been in at least three bands and you need to have traveled out of town at least three hours to see a show. You need to be able to list at least 20 obscure bands that people haven't heard of since 1995 off the top of your head as well. At least that's what I have to do in my character choice "Straight-edge hardcore kid."

Do all of those 3 bands have to be true hardcore?
Also, if I've traveled MUCH more than three hours, can it count double?

Tryna figure out my level here.
this thread is retarded. i was perfectly happy to talk about Chimaira, then you people shot the TS down. finally, in a last attempt to piss all over the smoldering coffin of his thread, you guys are now pretending to have hardcore points.
I've got the spirit, but lose the feeling.
Quote by intheshadowplay
this thread is retarded. i was perfectly happy to talk about Chimaira, then you people shot the TS down. finally, in a last attempt to piss all over the smoldering coffin of his thread, you guys are now pretending to have hardcore points.

You and TS can take it into one of the many other Chimaira threads. It's not like they're any good now anyway. While I like the first 2 CDs and Ressurection this new piece of **** they've tossed out is just plain garbage.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Quote by intheshadowplay

intheshadowplay uses buzzkill!

It's super effective!
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
intheshadowplay uses buzzkill!

It's super effective!

I'm in critical condition!
*GodofCheesecake restores Valderama with a Rockstar energy drink*

Sorry, JxD, I don't think these work on hardcore kids.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake

I LOVE Rockstar.
I buy one every morning...
I think they're awful, personally.

Seriously, though, that was off topic. Quit spamming.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
I think they're awful, personally.

Seriously, though, that was off topic. Quit spamming.

Sorry.
Quote by GodofCheesecake

Ha, coincidentally I choose to abstain from energy drinks, so you're right. Luckily I can use "sense of self-righteousness brought on by specific life-choices, aka straight edge/vegetarianism" to regain lost HP.
That sounds overpowered.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I, personally, use Powerthirst. Energy's not raw enough for me, I have drinks with fucking menergy. And preposterous amounts of testosterone and/or preposterone.
as i was sitting in school today, my english teacher said that someone in the class had alot of integrity. i moshed. and leveled up. im on my way to a level nine.
Quote by likeomgtehtuck!
as i was sitting in school today, my english teacher said that someone in the class had alot of integrity. i moshed. and leveled up. im on my way to a level nine.

Last year as we were looking over new vocab one of them happened to be converge.

I don't remember the rest of the class period because I was too busy listening to converge.
That's some pretty serious grinding. You must have gotten, like, 50k exp.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Last edited by GodofCheesecake at Sep 16, 2009,
can someone trade some armor with me? im stuck with these skinny jeans when i want hatebreed mosh shorts

EDIT: im level 3, to wear hatebreed mosh shorts you need to be LEVEL 19. **** THAT ****.
Last edited by BGSM at Sep 19, 2009,
Oh good, I was afraid everyone thought the joke was getting old.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Page 1 of 2