So my MIA stratocaster is my baby .. but now ill be carrying my guitar to school pretty soon and in the bus , subway etc.. i dont want to carry my U.s stratocaster for practicing around in the school yard between classes .
i dont want to carry the hard case that my strat came in . i want a gig bag and a cheaper guitar .

i was looking at Les paul model ... the junior would have been perfect unfortunatly .. im in canada and they cant be found anywhere .. only on u.s ebay but shipping is more than the guitar itself .

so ive check craiglist and kijiji ... id like to know difference between some les paul

Les paul junior vs Les paul 100 vs Les paul studio vs Les paul special II

these seems to be all the cheap epiphone ... which one do you suggest ??? any of these better than the other ???

i had my mind set at around 200 $ for the guitar . any suggestion . well it can be m ore expensive ... but i want to make this guitar like my punk rock guitar .. full of stickers and stuff . like the guitar i dont really care about .

my strat is a gift from my uncle who passed away so i keep it original .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Sep 15, 2009,
Id say you would be better off with an epiphone actually. Youll pay about as much as you would for a junior, but youll end up with a better guitar.
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

i have a hard time comprehending why you want your travel guitar to be a les paul.....gibsons are the heaviest guitars you can get.....

you want travel get steinberger, parker, and other light guitars
Also check out mono cases for a good hybrid backpack case very sexy backpack cases.

-trauma
With a $200 budget and a MIA strat as a main guitar, I'd be looking for a MIM strat as my backup/travel guitar. You should be able to get a decent one for $200. Try to get the 60th anniversary model if you can.

I don't know much about les pauls so I can't comment on that.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Carvin Bolt Plus Kit. or Bolt kit. check it out on the carvin website. it's super inexpensive and extremely high quality stuff. Choose whichever options you want and then just put your pickups of choice in it.
Quote by Schneiderman
With a $200 budget and a MIA strat as a main guitar, I'd be looking for a MIM strat as my backup/travel guitar. You should be able to get a decent one for $200. Try to get the 60th anniversary model if you can.

I don't know much about les pauls so I can't comment on that.

I second this motion.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
U could get a cheap epiphones, those r ok
Gear
Guitars
- Ibanez GRX20
- Austin SG
- Alveraz Artist Acoustic Electric
Amps
- Kustom 15W
- Peavey Vypyr 75W
- Monitor speaker!
Effects
- Behringer V-Amp Multi-effects
- Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
- Tubescreamer
- Sampera I
the epi you should get is the studio. it sounds great. really not joking.
Quote by ShestShestShest
Carvin Bolt Plus Kit. or Bolt kit. check it out on the carvin website. it's super inexpensive and extremely high quality stuff. Choose whichever options you want and then just put your pickups of choice in it.

Great idea. I'd also recommend the Yamaha Pacifica 112 above a MIM Strat.
Hi, saw your post and thought our site might give you a few new ideas ....

You will see that we specialize only in travel instruments and we have some that are simply fantastic guitars - that you can easily travel with them is a bonus!

We are in the UK so no pressure to buy from us but I hope you will get a few interesting ideas.

Regards,

Patrick
Have a look at some of the 3/4 scale guitars. They are gonna certainly be lighter and smaller than a LP of any kind. I know dean has the playmate series and squire has their short scale stuff, gonna be less than 200$. Might have to swap tuners so it will stay in tune.
Quote by Skysc
So my MIA stratocaster is my baby .. but now ill be carrying my guitar to school pretty soon and in the bus , subway etc.. i dont want to carry my U.s stratocaster for practicing around in the school yard between classes .
i dont want to carry the hard case that my strat came in . i want a gig bag and a cheaper guitar .

i was looking at Les paul model ... the junior would have been perfect unfortunatly .. im in canada and they cant be found anywhere .. only on u.s ebay but shipping is more than the guitar itself .

so ive check craiglist and kijiji ... id like to know difference between some les paul

Les paul junior vs Les paul 100 vs Les paul studio vs Les paul special II

these seems to be all the cheap epiphone ... which one do you suggest ??? any of these better than the other ???

i had my mind set at around 200 $ for the guitar . any suggestion . well it can be m ore expensive ... but i want to make this guitar like my punk rock guitar .. full of stickers and stuff . like the guitar i dont really care about .

my strat is a gift from my uncle who passed away so i keep it original .

Get an ESP LTD M-50. They are great for the money. By the way wat kind of music do ya play???
I have a martin backpacker and really like it. Its small and travels easy. Its also very durable. The sound is pretty good as well but it is a travel guitar so ofcourse your not going to get the same sound as a full size. There is a good review site called Best Travel Guitars They review electric and acoustic travel guitars.
Last edited by travel guitars at Sep 23, 2009,
I have a MIM strat ( used $200-300 ) and added SD SSL-1 pickups.
It sounds almost as good as my MIA strat and I take it everywhere.