Hi, i was wondering if anyone can recommend any really awesome acoustic blues songs or bands/artists that i could check out.

been trying to think of some relatively old stuff too but cant seem to come up with anything

cheers
Create an account at pandora, and make a BB King station.

But if you don't wanna do that BB King is good... fer now

Oh wait you said acoustic, Son House is the only thing i can think of, it's way old school I believe

anyway
Last edited by Soundyard at Sep 15, 2009,
SRV, as I'm sure you know, did an acoustic set on MTV Unplugged that was really cool. Other than that, just give some of your favorite tunes a shot on the acoustic. It just might work out, because after all, electric blues could almost be played just guitar and be interesting because of how rhythmic it is, so it should work for an acoustic as well.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Robert Johnson ftw.

Usually if they have a "blind" in their name, they play acoustic blues. Like Blind Willie Johnson
John Lee Hooker has some great acoustic blues.
Howlin' Wolf
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Skip James, Lightnin' Hopkins, Mississippi Fred McDowell, Charley Patton, Robert Johnson, Blind Willie Johnson, Tommy Johnson, Blind Lemon Jefferson, Blind Willie McTell, Bukka White, Bumble Bee Slim, Charlie Spand, John Lee Hooker, Leadybelly, Marshall Owens, Son House, Ray Wylie Hubbard....

Dude, the list goes on.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by Artemis Entreri
Robert Johnson ftw.

Usually if they have a "blind" in their name, they play acoustic blues. Like Blind Willie Johnson
John Lee Hooker has some great acoustic blues.
Howlin' Wolf

Yeah cool thanks for that. i shall check some out.
Quote by p o e
Skip James, Lightnin' Hopkins, Mississippi Fred McDowell, Charley Patton, Robert Johnson, Blind Willie Johnson, Tommy Johnson, Blind Lemon Jefferson, Blind Willie McTell, Bukka White, Bumble Bee Slim, Charlie Spand, John Lee Hooker, Leadybelly, Marshall Owens, Son House, Ray Wylie Hubbard....

Dude, the list goes on.

cheers dude. lol heres 1 guy that knows the blues!!!!
just go to the blues forums they have alot of good stuff there
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Quote by p o e

Dude, the list goes on.

Good list.

Add Missisipi John Hurt. He's more fingerstyle though, than straight delta blues.