Note: No I'm not asking for amp settings or anything like that I'm just wondering how to get a certain type of sound.

So lately I been finding that some the the bands that I listen to are using more "higher pitch distortions" on there newer CDs. I was wondering how I would get this "higher pitch distortion". The bands that I found that are doing this are August Burns Red new, Oh Sleeper, Living Sacrifice and Becoming the Archetype. How would I get this kind of distortion?

My Equipment:
Ibanez Gio GRG 170DX
Boss Compressor Sustainer CS-3
Digitech Metal Master
DOD DFX9 Digital Delay
Kustom Arrow 16DFX

Soon to get for birthday/money:
some kind of Ibanez RG350 or ART
which ever effects I need to get the sound "higher pitch distortion"
Digitech Hardwire TL-2 Metal Distortion
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
Higher pitched? That makes no sense, unless you are talking about an octave pedal. Maybe you mean brighter (more treble)?
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
use a higher treble???
✠I use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few
✠Adolf Hitler✠
Theres an effect like that on my digitech rp80 i think. I'm not sure though, I dont really use it anymore.
just give me a fender and let me rip
Quote by sk8board3r
Theres an effect like that on my digitech rp80 i think. I'm not sure though, I dont really use it anymore.

My rp250 has one too and i never really liked it... when i use distortion i want bassssssssss and lots of it so i never used the higher trebley sounding on
✠I use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few
✠Adolf Hitler✠
those are some of my favorite bands

try using an eq pedal in front of your distortion with the bass pulled down some and the treble and mids boosted a little
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
If you want that sound boost your upper mids and lower highs. If you boost the high hi-range it'll be waaay too ice picky. Keep the lower mids down a little to control honk.
Turn the knobs that say "treble" and "middle" clockwise and turn the knob that says "bass" counterclockwise.
Buy a new amp
Learn how to EQ it.

Don't waste your money on expensive pedals or a new guitar.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i feel like he is talking about pinch harmonics but who knows. TS look up pinch harmonics and see if that is what you mean. there are lessons all over the place to teach you how to do them if i am right.