Hey there fellow UGers. Today was quite the day as i have acquired three more items for my gear collection.

To start things off the Line 6 SV HD100 i ordered arrived.
I hate despise digital amps but at 450$.. you can't go wrong.
Going to do some massive modding.
SVpre mod, swap tubes, swap LEDS, custom grill, and whatever else comes my way

I also purchased a mint condition Floyd Rose brand guitar with an OFR installed and set up to perfection. I bought it for only 100$ and i'm probably going to swap the pickups out for a Bill Lawrence and some Dimarzio for the neck.

In addition the guy who sold me just gave me a pedal for free. It's not a good pedal by any means, just a cheap Danelectro T-Bone Distortion, but it was free nonetheless and it helped justify the two hour long train ride to his house.

On a side note, i know you're not supposed to turn heads on without a speaker load, but i was just curious as to why? What sort of damage does it do?

P.S. Sorry for the relatively large pictures.
Tube amps need to 'send their load' if you will to speakers or a load box of some kind. Turning it on without a cab in your case can cause serious damage. Is that pic of yours with the amp on....have a cabinet connected or was that from the advertisement.

Nice amp HNSD
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Tube amps need to 'send their load' if you will to speakers or a load box of some kind. Turning it on without a cab in your case can cause serious damage. Is that pic of yours with the amp on....have a cabinet connected or was that from the advertisement.

Nice amp HNSD

Yeah it's my amp turned on. I asked my friends dad who was an amp tech in his younger years and he said it wouldnt do damage if i just turned on for like a minute in standby. I just wanted to witness it's personal glorious glow before the rest of my band did.
Looks awesome!!!!!

Have you tried the SVpre mod yet?

HNGD!!!!

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Whats SVpre? Also, epic NAD, I've wanted one of those, but I'm poor ATM, and the only offer I've had was for my Pacifica + 200$.
Quote by MadAudioMan
Whats SVpre? Also, epic NAD, I've wanted one of those, but I'm poor ATM, and the only offer I've had was for my Pacifica + 200$.

SVpre is a mod for the Spider Valve. I dont know much else about it.
HNSD!! You must be one happy camper
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Thanks guys. No I don't have SVpre yet, i spent the last of my savings on these purchases but i'll be selling my old combo to afford the modifications.
and i'll only swap the tubes and do the cosmetic modifications right away. I'll wait to install svpre until i'm sure this amp has no hiccups and the warranty is near expiration.

SVpre is a tube preamp for the Line 6 Spider Valve series amps designed by Strymon.
The stock amp basically has a solid state preamp circuit that leads to "tube preamp converters" but to my understanding the SVpre (features one 12AX7 tube) takes the place of that solid state preamp so it would be :

SVpre tube preamp -> L6SV tube preamp converts -> L6SV tube power amp
which really improves the tone, and you can adjust the output of that SVpre tube for more or less gain to your liking.

BTW i'm really surprised by the Floyd Rose guitar. Switching to an OFR from a EDGE III is a huge change. I can wank the whammy to my heart's content and it will stay in tune and the sustain is much better and tone is much thicker compared to my modded xiphos even with it's weak stock pickups.