Page 1 of 200
So the 2009-10 preseason has started, and it is once again time for a new thread.
Post predictions and cheer on your team.

Go Sens!
LEAFS FOR CUP
Bitch! I was going to make one!

Here to everyone:
Over the past years and some endless search it seems like, i've found some good sites that have hockeys games streamed on them and i've figured i might as well share them with you guys!

First is ATDHE
This is my favorite site. More times than not it has at least 3 games on there and there all great quality. I end up using this website the most.

Second is HockeyWebcasts
This also is a pretty good website that has links to various other sites that have them streamed. Sometimes not the best quality but it's better then nothing.

Thirdly is JustinTV
This site i use as a last resort. It has people uploading a stream of the game onto the website and about half the time it's not the best quality. But like i said, its better than nothing.

Fourth, ChannelSurfing.net

And of course there Yahoo.com, they usually have a game on but if you live in the area you're out of luck and they black it out.

MyP2P in their forum section members post games they stream. Some of them are required to download a program to view but some are links to websites that have it streamed. I usually use that as another last resort.

But these websites should provide everything needed so enjoy! And if i find anymore websites i'll be sure to post them.

Edit: I tried myP2P again and it's pretty nice. You have to download one of two programs, TVAnts or StreamTorrent and in the forum section on myP2P, people will post up links to the games that they are streaming on the two programs i listed. Click on them and a box will pop up to launch either program and it'll start up. I personally have downloaded both. The also use the program SopCast but that's a bit rare and they say if it's one of those.

I'm starting to prefer using that method. They're pretty reliable in having the games you want and usually have the big games and you don't have to have an internet browser open. The quality fluctuates a bit from good to bad but i've only been using it with baseball recently.
There's no death, no end of time when I'm facing it with you...
Last edited by Pookie6 at Sep 25, 2009,
Just out of curiosity, how popular is the NHL in Canada? Nobody pays attention to it where I live, and I live WAY up north .
NHL RULES!

I watch it over here in New Zealand
I think its time to pack your things lets go,
To a place where we both know,
And dont worry, I'll drive real slow,
Spend some time before we go..
Quote by due 07
Just out of curiosity, how popular is the NHL in Canada? Nobody pays attention to it where I live, and I live WAY up north .

Hockey is life. I've been waiting everyday for the season even though my team will suck...

Also NHL 2010 came out and like all of my buddies already ahve it :P
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by due 07

so popular it hurts, even training camp is front page news

Like i'd rather see my team win a cup then pretty much anything else, its ridiculous and i clearly need a new hobby/life but its just so awesome

and did the sens lose to the Panthers?
Edited my first post (second post of the thread) that i posted before on the UG NHL forum for watching games online.

Some links aren't working but i'll fix that right now.
Cool.

New thread = season is close.

Makes everyone in the thread that posts do this
Last edited by eltyr18 at Sep 16, 2009,
Quote by fishmunky
so popular it hurts, even training camp is front page news

Like i'd rather see my team win a cup then pretty much anything else, its ridiculous and i clearly need a new hobby/life but its just so awesome

and did the sens lose to the Panthers?

Yup I agree. Leafs goalie has a pretty routine operation and is out for 2 days! HOLY **** LET'S PANIC!

Honestly if the Leafs ever won a cup I'd be down in Toronto partying it up for sure... Not gonna happen for awhile though.
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by CaptainRon
I have a feeling I'll be dead before the Leafs win the cup again.

I won't be. I've got at least 50 years left. They have good management now. It can't be much further than 10-15 years... I see them winning before 2020... but who knows.

At least they will be tough to play against. Some good old time hockey.
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Quote by CaptainRon
I have a feeling I'll be dead before the Leafs win the cup again.

im gonna be like one of those old bastards in Boston who hung til they were like 80+ just to see the red sox win a world series and then die

im hoping the leafs can win a cup while im young enough to riot, loot and get really irresponsible while partying up yonge street
Nice, new thread, I'm going crazy waiting for the season to start.

But it looks like I'll be going to the game versus the Leafs on Friday, haven't been to a game in a couple of years, I'm pretty excited even though it's only preseason.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
God i want NHL 10 or 2K10 so bad but i'm still on the lowly PS2. I need a ****ing PS3.
i dont have a favorite team, im from te toronto area so i guess i usually root for them, but to the guy who asked if it was popular in canada man you have no idea, i had some friends visit from australia they couldnt believe that everything is about hockey, evenm local news :

"local child's parents cant afford his hockey" THAT IS FRONT PAIGE NEWS in smaller towns
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
GO LEAFS GO!

Seriously though, with the leafs new, brash blue line they will be serious playoff contenders. Now if only we could win the cup....
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
Quote by CaptainRon
NHL 10 is amazing... for the most part.
I love the Vancouver homerism that is evident in every version.

All the automatic goals out of it that were in 09?

I'm getting it either this week or next week, depends when I get my paycheck.

Edit: Only reason I ask is cause I'm not playing online if they are still there, I don't care to learn an automatic goal cause it's not real hockey, there is no shot that always goes in, so I never cared to learn them, plus I don't have time to.
Wow, that time already. Leafs may suck again, as they have disappointed me my whole life. Oh well...I keep hoping.
Fu<king hell Sens... Whatev, it's only preseason and half the team wasn't playing anyway.
What you cannot escape, you must fight; what you cannot fight, you must endure.
Quote by Haggard13
GO LEAFS GO!

Seriously though, with the leafs new, brash blue line they will be serious playoff contenders. Now if only we could win the cup....

-giggle-
What you cannot escape, you must fight; what you cannot fight, you must endure.
Quote by eltyr18
All the automatic goals out of it that were in 09?

I'm getting it either this week or next week, depends when I get my paycheck.

Edit: Only reason I ask is cause I'm not playing online if they are still there, I don't care to learn an automatic goal cause it's not real hockey, there is no shot that always goes in, so I never cared to learn them, plus I don't have time to.

From what i've read either they're gone or just none have been found yet.
THANK GOD about the glitches, cause it didn't make the game fun to me, cause you know in the back of your mind "they get this off, it's going in.", so you try defend one glitch they've been doing, and then they go to another glitch and score. It wasn't real hockey, every once in a while you get 5 goals on like 10 shots, but not every game. I usually play at night to, which is when I can't go out and play real hockey with friends, so I want to play the right way, but noone ever knew how to.

And I know people are always ranked low, just wondering whats Fleurys (Pens goalie) ratings, along with Crosby and Malkin. If Cro has a higher rating than Malkin I'm gonna be pissed, even though after the 09 update Malkin was higher than Cros, so I doubt it won't be.

Oh and I got to thinking, I was talking to some kid on youtube, another Ovechkin arguement, and wanted to see if you guys agree with what I came to conclude

Best scorer in the league Ovechkin

Best all around offense (passing and scoring) in the league Malkin

Best all around offensemen (passing, and scoring, and defense) Crosby ....... just kidding Pavel Datsyuk
Give him another couple years and i could see Crosby turn Datsyuk-ish.
Quote by Pookie6
Give him another couple years and i could see Crosby turn Datsyuk-ish.

I know, thats the thing with comparing Crosby and Malkin and Ovechkin, they are to young and still learning (which is scary), you can't say whose really better, Ovechkin is the scorer type while Crosby and Malkin are the set up and score type, but they don't score as much as Ovechkin. I'm actually on both sides now, but if anyone says either one is better, I'm gonna argue the fact that they are equal and you can't compare them.

And in my opinion, if Ovechkin would backcheck more, he could probably be better than Datsyuk for all around offensemen, cause Ovechkin is probably the fastest skater in the league, but he hardly uses it to back check, only every once in a while.

And I can see Malkin becoming more of a Datsyuk type player than Crosby, I remember one of the series, Malkin had like 6 takeaways in one game or something like that, and he never let down in it. It might have been Carolina, but I'm not sure.
Yawn when does Regular Season start again? =_=
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
16 more days?

>_>

<_<

Go Flyers.
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
could be worse, at least there's pre season hockey to to see if any highly touted picks and prospects can crack the line up

at least its not june
Quote by eltyr18
I know, thats the thing with comparing Crosby and Malkin and Ovechkin, they are to young and still learning (which is scary), you can't say whose really better, Ovechkin is the scorer type while Crosby and Malkin are the set up and score type, but they don't score as much as Ovechkin. I'm actually on both sides now, but if anyone says either one is better, I'm gonna argue the fact that they are equal and you can't compare them.

And in my opinion, if Ovechkin would backcheck more, he could probably be better than Datsyuk for all around offensemen, cause Ovechkin is probably the fastest skater in the league, but he hardly uses it to back check, only every once in a while.

And I can see Malkin becoming more of a Datsyuk type player than Crosby, I remember one of the series, Malkin had like 6 takeaways in one game or something like that, and he never let down in it. It might have been Carolina, but I'm not sure.

The thing people don't think about with Ovechkin is he adds so much presure to the other teams defense and even offense. He's skating around everywhere trying to get the puck from everyone. It's not that same kind of defense that people are used to but to say that he doesn't play any defense is kind of ridiculous.

You might be right about Malkin, but i don't see him being a goal scorer. I know it's weird, he scores 30 goals a season which as better than the majority of the league but when i think of goal scorer on the Pens i think of Crosby more so. At least more even in the goals and assists than Malkin.

Quote by SteveHouse
Badass, Pookie

lolwut? What'd i do? haha
Quote by Pookie6

Stream links of course.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Pookie6
The thing people don't think about with Ovechkin is he adds so much presure to the other teams defense and even offense. He's skating around everywhere trying to get the puck from everyone. It's not that same kind of defense that people are used to but to say that he doesn't play any defense is kind of ridiculous.

You might be right about Malkin, but i don't see him being a goal scorer. I know it's weird, he scores 30 goals a season which as better than the majority of the league but when i think of goal scorer on the Pens i think of Crosby more so. At least more even in the goals and assists than Malkin.

Ya know what i kind of agree, like even with the top 2 D lines out there, Ovi often has to be double covered, the guy is a homing beam for the puck, he goes where it goes and hits whoever has it, i kinda want to see a detroit/washngton finals one year to see if datsyuk or zetterberg can contain Ovi