So, I've got a Traynor YCV50 Blue used recently, and with the new amp the distortion is great, it's nice and tight. But I've only got one problem with it, it's that when I do a double bend of some sort it starts to sound more like a fuzz.

If someone could tell me how to fix this it'd be great, I have no idea whats wrong. Tubes problem prehaps? And can someone tell me where I can take a look at my preamp tubes? I can only see two tubes above the speaker.

I'm a real noob when it comes to amps, so if I say anything stupid forgive me. >.<
Ibanez S540

MXR EVH Phaser
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez WD-7
Electro Harmonix LPB-1

Traynor YCS 50 Blue
I'm not sure I can speak to the 'fuzz' sound you are getting or if is abnormal. I'm not even sure what a double bend is. Those amps come with pretty decent preamp tubes as is. Did you buy it new or used?

The preamp tubes are probably covered by aluminum cylinder casings. Should be 3 of them if I remember correctly. They are supposed to shield from external interference but I leave mine off all the time and don't notice a difference. They should be on the side of the amp that is closest to your 1/4 insert jack.

They are easy to take off. Push down (up in your case) turn it to the left 1/4 turn until the catch releases and it should slide right off. They have springs at the top to help keep the tube seated.

If that info does not help, then I suggest posting in the Only Traynor thread. Good luck.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Sep 16, 2009,
ok i think i get what u mean by double bend and if im right its just a little phase not fuzz i guess i think anyway
Hmm by doublebend I really literally mean bending two strings at a time, and then the amp sounds like theres a fuzz pedal through it when I do those double bends
Ibanez S540

MXR EVH Phaser
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez WD-7
Electro Harmonix LPB-1

Traynor YCS 50 Blue