I've just rid myself of that awful Epiphone Les Paul Studio (nothing against Epiphone, but this guitar was gah) for $350, so I can get another guitar.

Either a Telecaster knockoff for blues stuff, or a 7 string with a floyd (not original, it's licenced floyd ) for prog stuff.

I like blues and I like prog rock/metal. Completely different things here, and I can't decide so I've narrowed it to a popularity contest, which one you guys like best.

http://www.rondomusic.com/product1845.html

http://www.rondomusic.com/tc730vwhrn.html
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at Sep 16, 2009,
Quote by strat0blaster

a little more in your eyes is twice the price he wants to pay, IMO.

i'd say go with the floyd rose 7-string. allows for more options as you play and can expand your horizon

edit: although personally i would never pay under 200 dollars for a new guitar. you just know it's gonna be a POS. you should try them before you buy
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Last edited by GODhimself37 at Sep 16, 2009,
Quote by GODhimself37
a little more in your eyes is twice the price he wants to pay, IMO.

i'd say go with the floyd rose 7-string. allows for more options as you play and can expand your horizon

edit: although personally i would never pay under 200 dollars for a new guitar. you just know it's gonna be a POS. you should try them before you buy

350 to 450 is only an extra hundred bucks. That's not that much if you want to have a better quality instrument.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
350 to 450 is only an extra hundred bucks. That's not that much if you want to have a better quality instrument.

the tele knockoff says 270. and the fender tele says 500. thats about twice. your off a few bucks

go with the douglas
and the douglas seems better than the ESP

and i like the agile tele better than the fender one suggested too
mostly because its semihollow
so i say douglas in the end seems like a good value
peavey vypyr 30
yamaha starter guitar
Agile AL-2000 Tribal Blue

R.I.P REV!

A God Has Fallen,
R.I.P. Dio!

why Scorpions Why!?!
Quote by GODhimself37

the tele knockoff says 270. and the fender tele says 500. thats about twice. your off a few bucks

I'm not going by the price of the cheapest guitar, I'm going by the amount of cash he got for the sold guitar ($350). It's 100 more for the ESP 7 string and 150 more for the Fender Tele.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
I Think that god's avatar went perfectly with his last post
cheers!
peavey vypyr 30
yamaha starter guitar
Agile AL-2000 Tribal Blue

R.I.P REV!

A God Has Fallen,
R.I.P. Dio!

why Scorpions Why!?!
Quote by glam rocker
I Think that god's avatar went perfectly with his last post
cheers!

Quote by glam rocker
go with the douglas
and the douglas seems better than the ESP

What makes you say that?

Anyway ts the Agile guitar's are supposedly great and well worth the money so you can't go wrong with the tele. And just putting this out there but have you thought of a used MIM Fat strat they have a humbucker for all the gain you would want and you can still use the neck + middle pickups for the blues.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
What makes you say that?

Anyway ts the Agile guitar's are supposedly great and well worth the money so you can't go wrong with the tele. And just putting this out there but have you thought of a used MIM Fat strat they have a humbucker for all the gain you would want and you can still use the neck + middle pickups for the blues.

For blues I really want a bright tone of a tele. I don't really need a guitar for gain I've got an Ibanez ART300 with active pups that I use for metal/rock/etc.
Quote by aapex
For blues I really want a bright tone of a tele. I don't really need a guitar for gain I've got an Ibanez ART300 with active pups that I use for metal/rock/etc.

Well it sounds like you know what you want then
I bought a Douglas strat through Ebay a few weeks ago, customized with scalloped neck, but it is really surprising. The sound is quite good through my POD and the versatility of the HSS pup configuration and 5 blade makes it really diverse compared to my other guitars. I guess I'm just trying to say is that you can't judge a book by it's cover. Oh, I prefer the tele, but the 7 string will give you a lot of versatility. You really gotta feel it in your bones. What music is calling to you the most. I hope that helps somewhat. Peace.
Yesterday is History; Tomorrow is a Mystery; but Today is a Gift; That is why it is called The Present.
I like that 7 stringer alot... but you will never know unless you play the two guitars...it seems like you want the tele a bit more anyway...go with your gut.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Well it sounds like you know what you want then

But it's only got 6 strings
Quote by aapex
But it's only got 6 strings

Well Agile also did produce a 7 string tele a while back so it may be worth looking into to see if you could find a second hand model of them.
There was a band new 7 string tele on rondo like a month ago, it's gone now though.