Great. Somehow my upstairs neighbour had a leak in his showerdrain. all the water he has used showering over the past few days has been accumulating in the space between my ceiling/his floor.
This morning the ceiling came down and it smells...well...like a sewer.
Thing is, the guy is a bit of a weirdo and won't let anyone in to fix it, so it seems i'm up **** creek until the poilice decides it's been enough and they kick in the door to let the bathroom-fixing-people fix the leak and, subsequently, my ceiling.

Anyone else had any similar experiences? I could use some advice on dealing with said neighbour.

Alternatively, this thread is about aeroplanes.
*stupid 09'er*

this space is for rent. PM me for rates
Quote by xl999
Great. Somehow my upstairs neighbour had a leak in his showerdrain. all the water he has used showering over the past few days has been accumulating in the space between my ceiling/his floor.
Thing is, the guy is a bit of a weirdo and won't let anyone in to fix it, so it seems i'm up **** creek until the poilice decides it's been enough and they kick in the door to let the bathroom-fixing-people fix the leak and, subsequently, my ceiling.

Anyone else had any similar experiences? I could use some advice on dealing with said neighbour.

No, no one has any simialir experiences

Alternatively, here is an unfunny comic:

i pictured something more of a drug trip when i read this my friend, i was surprised.

well this guy sounds like, either a pervert, a druggie, or a dealer, or he could be wacked.
most likely a druggie who never leaves his four walls, just tell the police that hes not going to let anyone into his apartment and maybe they should look into why.
Tell your landlord?

Oh, what I would do with a Stealth Bomber...
Don't blame others for your misdoings.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Momentosis
Don't blame others for your misdoings.

yeah, youre right.

god, i wish i was you in all of your ****ed up wisdom.
*stupid 09'er*

Quote by xl999
yeah, youre right.

god, i wish i was you in all of your ****ed up wisdom.

No problem.

Don't sweat it.

Quote by CrossBack7
My grandpa had the same problem, water was dripping down from some assholes washing machine or toilet onto his bed... He had to leave a bucket on his bed and sleep on the couch until the stupid flat owners decided it was time to fix it. (I think it was a month or two before they fixed it)
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
Quote by xl999

Thing is, the guy is a bit of a weirdo and won't let anyone in to fix it...

Meth lab? Hidden sex dungeon? Batman's secret low key bat cave?

I'd be afraid if I were you. So many possibilities.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
Quote by beastiebeatles
Meth lab? Hidden sex dungeon? Batman's secret low key bat cave?

I'd be afraid if I were you. So many possibilities.

none of that.

its a weird old guy that only goes out late at night.

i've got him filed under "plain ****ed-up".
*stupid 09'er*

Quote by xl999
none of that.

its a weird old guy that only goes out late at night.

i've got him filed under "plain ****ed-up".

Sounds like batman.

Quote by CrossBack7
Quote by Momentosis
Sounds like batman.

Maybe Alfred.

The profile given of the guy rules out none of the possibilities I brought up. And now this guy has access to your bathroom through a hole in his floor. Run.

Washington Redskins
actually, he doesnt really have acces. it's a hole the size of a tennisball. i could technically shake his hand through it.

oh, and did i mention he used to be a butcher?
*stupid 09'er*

Quote by xl999
actually, he doesnt really have acces. it's a hole the size of a tennisball. i could technically shake his hand through it.

Hmm well I'm sure he has enough access to install a spy cam.

And the butcher thing... Terrible news. I truly hope you wake up tommorrow. It was great knowin you and all in this thread.

Washington Redskins
Tell him that it has to be fixed, otherwise you'll call the Police, simple. Or, if you're renting, give your land lord a call.
I'm just messing with you xl. It's obviously Batman. He has money, gadgets and a strong ethical code. Whenever Gotham calms down, your ceiling will be fixed faster than you can say "brutally hacked to death in my sleep and hung in sections from the ceiling of my creepy neighbors sex dungeon!"

Sweet dreams

Washington Redskins
youre not at fault, so yeah, i'd just keep bitching about it to your landlord or something and soon enough they'll either be let in his appartment or they'll bust in and they'll have to fix the problem. That's water damage to at least two appartments right? So to the landlord that's two appartment that he either can't rent out later on or has to charge less. Trust me, the more you keep on it, the faster it'll get fixed.
i heard you like bathrooms so i put a bathroom in your bathroom
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
You need to learn to live on the top floor. It's the only way.

My downstairs neighbor is annoying,
so ripped out all the caulking between my tub and wall.
I piss in the crack
and let the shower water wash it into the space between my floor and ceiling.
It probably smells like a sewer down there.
The maintenance people wanna fix it, but I told them to bugger off.
I'm too busy. Come back some other time.
I need my privacy.

Fuck annoying neighbors.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by xl999

* aeroplane noise*

neeeewwww
a little lost.....
Quote by Davo Ownz

* aeroplane noise*

neeeewwww

Is that a ****ing aeroplane?
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
update:

10.30 called landlord. he sent two plumbing dudes to the neighbour.

10.52 neighbour doesnt open the door.

11.02 plumbers call cops.

11.13 cops at upstairs neighbours door.

11.20 door still not open.

11.25 cops left.

11.37 cops came back with more cops.

12.01 door openend.

12.15 I can hear plumbing noises upstairs and my upstairs neighybour out on the street cursing to the cops.

stay tuned.
*stupid 09'er*

He's gonna kill you.

Quote by CrossBack7
Quote by Momentosis
He's gonna kill you.

I agree. Hope it was worth it.

Washington Redskins
Quote by xl999

I see what you've done...

Let us know if the guy kills you.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by XianXiuHong
So, anyone ever flown in an F-14 before?

You ever seen a grown man naked Timmy?
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.

G-|----17----17/19-|-\17---------------------|----------------------|---------------|
D-|--------------------|-----17------------------|-17------------------|---------------|
A-|-/15---------------|--------15------15h17-|--------15-----------|---------------|
E-|--------------------|--------------------------|----------------15\--|-8------8/15-|

G-|-----------------------|-17-------21----19----17-|-17-----------|-----------------|
D-|--------------17/19-|-------17-----17----17-----|-----------17-|-----------------|
A-|-15h17p15---------|------------------------------|---------------|-15h17p15----|
E-|-----------------------|------------------------------|---------------|------------------|

Eh?
Quote by xl999

Butcher Pete?
Quote by aaciseric
But wouldn't all that be worth it to ride a zebra around campus? Perhaps dressed in chainmail? Maybe with a plastic sword and a wench who may or may not just be a prostitute?

Quote by stratkat
I pictured an upside down room, this is less interesting.

Me too.

I am disappoint.
Quote by stratkat
I pictured an upside down room, this is less interesting.

Same.
Call the landlord or super, and if nothing gets fixed resort to the police. If you own your apartment, then it's property damage. If you're renting, the landlord needs to accommodate your needs, and you need a bathroom. I'm pretty sure that by law, the landlord needs to make sure this guy fixes his floor/your ceiling. If nothing gets done, as mentioned just notify the police.

@ Goest: What is that? I'm only gonna assume it might be that Seinfeld theme since it's a bass line and it seems appropriate in this thread.
Last edited by dudius at Sep 16, 2009,