Page 1 of 2
Just wondering, what was your first bass and do you still have it?

Mine was a '79 Vox Custom that looks very similar to this...
(Invalid img)

I still have it but haven't played it for a long time.
It weighs a ton and the neck is massive so it fell out of favour and was replaced by P/J basses.

Good bass though.

Your turn...
An aria igb35 a few months ago, got an Epi thunderbird (holds up flame shield) for stage presence,its really good at boosting up the back end and thumping through at jam sessions and sounds awesome with metallica especially seek and destroy :P

Although we do plan on doing an LOG cover so my backup in Drop D will be my IGB35 which sounds good but its pretty worn now and i got it for £50 so.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Squire P-Bass. No, it was smashed and eventually burned (I still have the electronics to it, though one of the halves of the split kind of broke when the body split in half).
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
I have an Ibanez GSR-180, that was my first bass.

Now I use my Fender Deluxe American Jazz Bass with 24 frets and five strings instead...so awesome!
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Quote by Razgriz_101
An aria igb35 a few months ago, got an Epi thunderbird (holds up flame shield) for stage presence,its really good at boosting up the back end and thumping through at jam sessions and sounds awesome with metallica especially seek and destroy :P

Although we do plan on doing an LOG cover so my backup in Drop D will be my IGB35 which sounds good but its pretty worn now and i got it for £50 so.

Funny, I could never get on with my T-Bird.
I even put a Fender style bridge on it and made the action really low but I just find it really uncomfortable to play. Not too keen on the sound either.
Just my opinion.
Quote by pwgjam
Funny, I could never get on with my T-Bird.
I even put a Fender style bridge on it and made the action really low but I just find it really uncomfortable to play. Not too keen on the sound either.
Just my opinion.

i got my action setup, gonna change the bridge down the line and possibly in bout a year put a couple of EMG's in it :P.

Corrected the neck dive already by changing where the strap holder goes :P

The bugger sounds cool when its distorted xD
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
The one in my lap right now, Ibanez GSR200, but then again it's my only bass and only 4 months old so...
Austin 4-string bass. I was glad that I managed to sell it for a decent amount when I upgraded.
Hi.
A squire affinity P bass from 2005. I reckon I'm not the only one on this forum .
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
mine was a Squire Jazz, I still have it and now it's kinda my project bass. It's now defretted ,repainted, and some wiring mods in it. I still play it on occasion, it has treated me well over the years.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Fender Jazz V
Yahama Pacifica 112
Acoustic B200h
2 custom 1x15 cabs
Vox AD30VT
too many pedals
A Squier P-Bass. It was pretty, and played miserably. After about 3 months I swapped it out for an alvarez 6 string that I miss sorerly right now.
Fender Bronco Starter pack, but I never actually learned bass until I got my Schecter Stilleto Custom 5.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
GRS200L (Yes, I'm a lefty!)
Afaik it's still my only bass.
Ibanez GSR200
Laney RB1

(\__/)this is bunny, copy bunny into your sig and help
(O.o )him to dominate the world.
(> < )
My first bass was a '66 or '67 Vox Constellation IV that my Dad kicked in half the purchase price in 1973 or there about. Yes, I still have the bass and it still gets played, it sometimes finds its way onto stage.

Last time I took it in to the shop for its once a decade maintenance the comments I got about it ranged from "Dude, that is the ugliest guitar I have ever seen" to "where the **** did you find that?"

That is my first guitar beside it (acquired in 1975) and it is currently in the care of a niece who showed interest in playing.
Attachments:
PIC_0068.jpg
Last edited by Quintex at Sep 16, 2009,
My first was a Yamaha rbx270, still have it for C standard tuning.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by DSM
The one in my lap right now, Ibanez GSR200, but then again it's my only bass and only 4 months old so...

This, except mine is 6 months old.
Tanglewood Liberty, fvcking amazing bass Still play it every now and again.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Cort Action V, I still got it.
Cookie monster genocide my nation! HE MUST DIE MENS

Art is never finished it is only abandoned.

Real mitalhead don't give a f**k if it is Wensday or a dick in the a**
Ibanez GSR200. It's currently a fretless and eventually I'll replace the pickups, maybe some extra electronic nonsense.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
peavey milestone III, really amazing bass for the price i paid, which was under £100 but i cant quite remember it right now, haha.

currently, with a BadAss II bridge on it, my bro uses it to play in his metalcore band, in drop C# tuning. in return, i get to use his electro acoustic sometimes, and his modded SG is my backup guitar for electric gigs.
My trusty Ibanez GSR200, black, currently fretless, with a sparkly blue fretboard and hand painted pickup covers. It'll be celebrating its 6th birthday, I believe in February
I had an OLP stingray for about two weeks and then the circuit shorted and got a thunderbird
For a long time I had borrowed an old Kramer Striker from my friend. Actually.. I haven't given it back yet

Then I got a really nice MIM Fender Jazz for christmas which is my current bass, along with an SX fretless.

Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
A G-4. Crappy Gear4music own brand one. £100 with other stuff, can't expect a great bass. Still own it but looking to get a Peavey Zodiac BXP.
Last edited by TheMcDay at Sep 16, 2009,
My Columbus Ricky 4003 copy. Bought for £100 in '91, and I still have it. Sadly, it doesn't do much now - it's in need of restoration. But the sentimental value is tremendous, as it convinced me to stay with bass (the school's Marlin Slammer had a neck like a tree trunk, and nearly put me off).
I'd post pics, but my Photobucket is arsing about - there's pics in my pro.

Quintex - love the Vox!
Drive Wildfire, it came with a cheap amp I still use
After that I got a $30 P-Bass knockoff, a plywood Rogue, and then a much nicer Peavey. I still play all of them.
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
Quote by sfaune92
I have an Ibanez GSR-180

What, if I may ask, exactly is this? I have a GSR-190 which I know is basically a passive version of the GSR-200, so what's the difference for a 180 do you think?

Cheers.
Quote by bodyheatseeker
That is simultaneously brilliant and obscene. I honestly don't know if I despise, or admire you.

Quote by Scutchington
If I had room, I would sig that entire post.

basschat.co.uk
Squire Jazz Bass haha it was pretty good comparing to basses around $600, but yea i'm over it now haha. bigger and better things
I learned on an Ibanez ATK300 my dad leant me, then I bought my first bass, Ibanez SR500. Both good basses, I just wish I got the SR505/6 at times.
A Rogue custom with a j/humbucker set up. Active electronics and the works...Flamed maple top in black/grey trans color. Still sounded like crap. Sold it for $100 to my church when i got my Spector.
Duck

Bass tones are hard to find.
My Band
Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360
Madison MAB 4x10
Warwick Thumb BO 5
Quote by aceofbass131
A Rogue custom with a j/humbucker set up. Active electronics and the works...Flamed maple top in black/grey trans color. Still sounded like crap. Sold it for $100 to my church when i got my Spector.

Every Rogue instrument I've ever picked up sounded terrible too . The Rogue I got for free isn't even worthy of being my mad scientist experiment bass (that honor goes to the B-Bass).
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
An SX P bass, broke after a fall. I miss it =(
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
a black $100 cheapo bass with PJ pickups and horrible electronics. i've turned the neck fretless, and after i get a new amp, i'm going to completely revamp the bass.
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
Uhm, It was a Vester bass that my local music store suggested.
a little lost.....
Page 1 of 2